○ R E B E C C A ○

"You're doing great," my dad called from behind me. I grinned with joy and started to peddle faster and faster.

"That's really fast, Daddy," Delilah called, worry filling her seven year old voice. My dad simply chuckled and watched me ride. Before I knew what was happening, the bike veered sideways, as if the wind itself had pushed it.

"Rebecca!" Dad, called sprinting towards me. Delilah wailed in the distance, but that didn't worry me. I knew that that happened. Something new had entered my dream.

"Soon you will know the pain I felt," the voice called, "You, your sister, and those boyfriend of yours." He practically spit out the word, boyfriends. Suddenly, the scene vanished, taking the monster with it.

"Why did you show me this!" I screemed at the darkness. "My life is hard enough at the moment without you sending me dreams of impending doom!" No one answered. I screamed in frustration and began punching the wall. I let all of my frustration out. The poor wall didn't even see it coming.

"Stupid step-mother," I growled, "stupid father, marrying her. Stupid Gods, leaving me. Stupid Athena cursing me to live in a constant state lf fear and hope!"

"Rebecca, Rebecca!"

My eyes shot open. A beautiful fave filled my vision, calming my racing heart. I looked down at my knuckles and saw that they were cracked and bleeding. My traveling gaze landed on the wall beside me, which now had a hole the was surrounded by my blood.

"Rebecca?" Nico asked hesitantly, "are you all right?" I shrugged my shoulders in an I-don't-know gesture, not trusting myself to speak. Without saying anything, he picked my up and rocked me in his arms.

"Why did you wake me up this early?" I asked after my tears disappeared.

"Well, you were beating up a wall, for one," he teased. I went to hit him before I pulled back. That wouldn't have felt good.

"What was your dream about?" He asked. I released all the tension inside of me with a deep breath before telling him everything. Unlike most people, I really trusted Nico, so I told everything. Every last detail.

"Do you know who was speaking?" I asked, fear making my voice tremble. Nico shook his head slowly, his dark hair sweeping across his forehead.

"I have no clue," he whispered sadly. And that was the end of that. We sat there in silence while he slowly drifted off to sleep. I, on the other hand, had no hope for sleep. I replayed my dream over and over. It had started out with when I learned how to ride my bike. That had happened. So had the random gust of wind. That was enough to prolong my bike lessons for two years. The speaking, however, was new.

"AUNT MACKIE AND TESSA!" Delilah yelled from downstairs. I lept out of Nico's arms and dashed out my door. He groaned tiredly, but I couldn't turn back. I was too excited!

"MACKIE AND TESSA!" I squealed, leaping off the stairs and into their arms. I loved my aunts more than I loved my own parents.

"What are you doing here?" Delilah asked. The explained how out parents were going on a business trip. I was confused. Parents? As in, both of them? I wondered. Without realizing it, I had zoned put of the conversation. I came back to reality just in time to here Samantha and Delilah arguing over Leo. I cringed, knowing that it wouldn't end well.

Smack! Startled, I turned towards the violent sound. I saw Delilah on the floor, clutching her cheek. I almost lost it. I cod feel the darkness of my anger rolling off me in black waves. I guess that's why I leaned towards black, because when my emotions got out of control, they rolled off me in black waves. It was the same way with Delilah and red.

"Rebecca, honey?" Tessa called. I focused my gaze on the smiling face in front of me.

"Sorry Aunt Tessa," I apologized, "when it gets like that, I tend to ignore it." She nodded sympathetically.

"I was just a bit worried about the black smoke rolling off your body," Tessa confessed. I felt ashamed at first, but quickly shook it off.

"Must have been a trick of the light," I stated, making sure my tone told her to end the matter.

"Rebecca?" Called a disgruntled Nico from the top of the stairs. I had forgotten that my boyfriend was still here.

"Hey, Nico. Come meet my aunts Mackie and Tessa," I invited. He walked down the stairs and quickly stood by my side.

"Are you two..." he began.

"Together?" The finished at the same time. Nico turned pink and nodded his head. I laughed at his awkwardness, which earned me a withering glare.

"Yes, we are together," answered Aunt Mackie. Nico nodded

"I've had some experience with homosexuality as well," Nico added. This earned an approving smile from both of my aunts. How embarrassing. Up in Delilah's room, I could faintly hear Metallica playing and my joy vanished. How am I supposed to be having fun if Delilah wasn't?

"I'll be right back, I need to go make a call," I stated, walking away and pulling out my phone. I scrolled down the list and clicked on Leo's name. He answered on the second to last ring.

"Hey what's up," he mumbled, clearly still in bed.

"I need you to come over. Delilah is in one of her moods," I whispered.

"I'll be right there," he stated, any tiredness gone from his voice. I hung up the phone and turned triumphantly towards my aunts and Nico. Nothing can go wrong now, I thought, walking into the living room. Boy, was I wrong.

Hi Delilah was here! <3