○ A R L E N E ○

DARKNESS. That's legit all I saw.

I don't know what took me into this endless void, and I have no idea how to leave. 

A laughter comes every few minutes, and a hard substance slashes my back.

I'm trapped. And, well, being tortured, but more importantly, I'm trapped. 

The cruel laughter ran through my head, over and over again. Who is it, I thought. At first, I was going through my list of potential enemies. Who would side with him? A name seem to stick to my mind, making my mind spin. Cal. Caly. Calypso. I remembered what happened last time she came along. I growled, a deep, raspy sound that resonated in the pitch darkness. "Someone figured it out," a soft female voice said. "Why can't I see." "You're in the shadow realm silly! Poor little hades kid let go," she replied, a light cackle following. I stood up, my back firing up in pain. I whimpered, and put my hand on my back- to realize half of it was bare. She had managed to rip the bottom of my shirt off, so it revealed my stomach. Subconsciously I wrapped my arms around it. 

I began to feel cold. My eyesight was rendered useless and my ears seemed to be in the same state as my eyes. The only thing I could hear was my breathing. I started running, and I realized I was bare foot. She's trying to make me feel weak and vulnerable. You are not weak. You. are. not. vulnerable. I took deep breaths as I ran, and my world was bathed in splots of green blue and grey. Something soft and warm hit my bare side. It disappeared. Then, it reappeared, and something wet hit my face. 

RUFF Mrs. O'Leary barked, licking my face. I laughed, reaching out to pet her. I could see her, her fuzzy, friendly face. Her tail was wagging. I climbed onto her back and asked politely if she could take me to Camp Half-Blood. "Please" I begged. "THIS ISN'T OVER!" I turned to see a strange orb that seemed to be running towards me. Mrs. O'Leary darted out, and my eyes were adjusting to the new place- a night scene of camp. Harpies sniffed around. I'd usually hide, but there was a huge problem. Mrs. O'Leary barked. 

The harpies turned towards me, licking their lips. Lights began to turn on in the cabins. Great entrance, I thought. Half naked, in the middle of a field, on a giant rottweiler. I gulped and tried to pull down my shirt. I whimpered and backed into Mrs. O'Leary's soft fur as the harpies flew into the air, obviously knowing what had happened to me. The Athena kids came out first. They wrinkled their nose in disgust, and some of them started laughing. Tears welled up in my eyes. Aphrodite came second, and Drew cackled. "WHAT WERE YOU DOING? YOU'RE HALF NAKED! HAHHAHAHHA" Piper punched her arm. Most of the other cabins began gathering on the porch/in the grass, staring at me; with shock, with lust, with disgust, with amusement. I felt my breathing quicken. I planted myself firmly into Mrs. O-Leary's neck. I looked down to realize I was only in boxer shorts. I felt my face heat up. 

The last cabin to come out was the Hephaestus cabin- and they only did come out when they heard my name. Nyssa ran out with a camp blanket and wrapped it around me. "What happened to you? Come on," she said, guiding me towards Cabin Nine- which was probably the only place I'd actually not get ridiculed. Humiliated. I felt very vulnerable. and very weak. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I was set on Nyssa's bed. Some of the campers were asleep, some obviously half awake and wondering what was going on. It seems, from the tiny light near Nyssa's headboard, that Nyssa was awake. I curled up in a ball under the blanket, not meeting the confused and sympathetic stares. She walked to a fire pole and slid out of sight. 

A moment later someone busted through the vault like door. He was thin, covered in grease, and slightly out of breath. He ran to me and hugged me tight. "I don't know if I'm late or not but It's okay," Leo whispered. His hands had slipped past the blanket and his hot skin made me flinch at the touch, but he obviously didn't care. "Can I punch every single camper in the face?" he said quietly. I laughed, "no." Leo looked at me, his chocolate eyes gleaming with amber in the night light. He turned and went to his bed before throwing stuff at me- clothes. A pair of basketball shorts and a large t-shirt. I smiled at him and quickly changed under the blanket, hoping no wandering eyes were on me. I took the blanket off of me as Nyssa reappeared. In her hands was a pair of skinny jeans and a small v-neck. "For the morning. You can sleep in my bed if you want." "I don't wanna take your bed from you, It's fine," I said, graciously taking the clothes. "I in-" before she could continue, Leo interjected. "She's sleeping with me." I blushed at the thought. "Ummm Leo is that even allowed?" "Yes. I have literally the whole entire cabin in here." "True." Leo's arms wrapped around me and picked me up. "Sleep, Nyssa," he said. She smiled and laid down. 

My boyfriend set me on the bed and laid next to me. "Don't listen to what they may say about you okay?" "It was your ex," I muttered. "What?" "Calypso. She did it." "She undressed you?" I sighed, taking Leo's hand. I set it under my shirt on my back, knowing full well there were more then likely scars. Int he dim light I could see his eyes widen. "I... Delil-" "That's not my name," I said quietly. "What?"

 "DElilah's my middle name." 

"What's your first name?" 

"You'd laugh at me." "I won't laugh," he sighed. "It's Arlene." 

"That's a beautiful name, Arlene." 

I blushed and hoped he didn't see it. "Night, Birdie," he said, kissing my nose. I scrunched it up instinctively. "Night," I mumbled, before staring off into space, which I will do until morning. 

SOLANGELO IS A THING YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I HATE CALYPSO THO SHE'S ANNOYING