Chapter 2

It was 5:30 and I had to wear my clothes as my make up was done.

I put on my long burgundy skirt with a slit in the side and a white top . Slipping on my black heels with red bottoms( Louboutins) and mini leather jacket. I unpinned my hair, thank god it was naturally curly and long due to my Spanish, Italian and African blood.

Grabbing a clutch I put in my phone, money and credit cards in, grabbed my keys and a umbrella and walked out of the house. Hopping into the car in started on my journey to Jordan's house. Getting there at precisely 6:00.

Walking into the house I headed toward the living room to find my mother Denys and my Father Domenico sat on one sofa. Jordan stood at the Dinner table pouring everyone drinks and Harmony sat on a chai eating chocolate coated strawberries.

" Hey guys" I said announcing my presence

"Heaven Adelina Eduarda Costello Silver" Rang my mom voice, feminine but very commanding " You have not called in weeks, I am very angry" she said in her very thick Spanish accent.

"im sorry mama, I forgot I just had so much to do with the company and closing the deal with the Paxton pact company."

"Look at you and your fancy English, I told you when I am around and you are speaking to me, speak Spanish."

"Mamá no se puede estar enojado conmigo , no es mi culpa" (mum you cannot be angry at me it is not my fault) I pleaded with my mother who was a very proud woman and did not forgive people easily, although she was very loving and passionate.

"Yo tenía un negocio muy grande para cerrar y yo sólo tuvimos tiempo ." (I had a very big business deal to close and I just didn't have time.) I said trying to reason with her.

She still wouldn't budge. So I called I reinforcements. The only person my mother would listen to....

"padre dirle si mangia colpa mia " (Father tell her it isn't my fault) I said, switching to Italian.

Spanish and Italian were very similar so they could understand each other and also my father knew Spanish,his mother was Italian and his father from Ghana, the west of Africa.

"Denys usted sabe que isnt nuestras hijas culpa que ella es una mujer de negocios muy exitoso y no puedo hacerlo todo, ir fácil en ella." (Denys you know it isn't our daughters fault, she is a very successful business woman and cant do everything. Go easy on her.) my father said and you could see ,my mother mentally easing up. "por favor" he added....

"ok bien la tuerca no lo hagas de Nuevo Heaven " ( Ok fine but don't do it again Heaven" she said whilst hugging me.

" Ok mama" I  said

"Your brother Hunter said he couldn't come because he had a last minute plan "  stated my mother looking like she was thinking of ways to kill him in her very sinister ways.

Walking over to Jodan I hugged him from behind. He turned around and looked at me smiling.

" Hey Jordan I missed you" I said sincerely.

"You too Hev, you ready for tonight" he asked

"Of course stupid, this is for Sophia"(his sister) I said sympathetically. The topic was very touchy....

"Come on guys lets go already we are getting late" Shouted Harmony.

"Ok ok the private car should be here soon" Jordan said before eating a few grapes.

As if on cue there was the blow of a horn. We all gathered our coats and bags and headed outside. By now the rain was coming down heavier and lighting flashed through the air followed by lightning.

We quickly got into the car so we would not get wet and started to head to the hall that held the fundraising event.

"Maybe we should have stayed at home" my mother said seeing the weather getting worse.

"No" said Jordan "this is a very important event we cannot miss it."

Something was telling me going to the fundraiser was a very bad idea....