Chapter 3

The silence in the vehicle was very eerie and awkward. Nobody talked or even breathed.

Rain splashed and thudded against the windows so heavy you couldn't see 2 steps in front of you.

Then a pair of headlights were coming towards us closer ...

and closer...

and closer...

The car started skidding uncontrollably swerving from left to right.

As if in slow motion , I looked at my mother sitting directly in front of me, her face a mask of horror and unconcealed fear.

My body jolted from an impact so big my neck snapped forwards

shards of glass impaled themselves into my skin

A blast of pain erupted in my arm......

The car turned over on itself over and over again....

Then settled gently upside down, rocking and swaying gently to the strong wind. A hand gently gripped my hand. Looking to my left side I met the eyes of my father, his gentle hazel eyes staring into me. He squeezed my hand gently and spoke to me as if struggling to speak "Heaven, I want you to know one thing , I will always love you me and your mother. You and your brother. When the time comes your brother will tell you of your birth right what you were born to do." He winced and grabbed his side. I looked down to see a red bloom from his shirt and begin to seep through his fingers. "I love you Heaven, Be strong and become the warrior you are. Just know we will always be with you" And with that he spluttered and coughed up blood as it dribbled down his neck and his soul left his body. Leaving behind an empty shell of a body which was once her father.

"Dad..." I said shaking him lightly "Dad....DAD..DAD!!!!!! DAD COME BACK DONT DO THIS TO ME!!!!" I screamed panic taking over me. I saw my mom hanging from her chair and tried to reach for her. Her eyes open and staring at me unseeingly. Just then my brain registered the pain in my arm and I tried to move it. It wouldn't budge, looking towards it I realised my arm was trapped between to pieces of metal..... Then the pain really and truly hit me.

The pain was unbearable, sharp stinging agony rippling through my body over and over again until I couldn't take it anymore.

Dark spots appeared in my vision. The mouth of the darkness opening and swallowing me whole. Not before I heard the sound of ambulances shrieking. I surrendered to the darkness.....