Part 30 - 11, 12, Not 13, 14 (Side 12 - 71st Times, Thank You Again)

Fluff

Character:

EXO Members

Reader

'Always be there, once and forever'

1049 words

Thankfully, Lay, Chanyeol, Suho and Sehun arrive at Xiumin's home half hour before 6 pm. They quickly take out the food and plate them. They want to prepare early, just in case Kai, D.O. or you and Baekhyun arrive early. However, though the decoration is obvious, but they keep the Happy Birthday banner before everyone arrives. They made the decoration looks like it is Lay's farewell party.

Their expectation came true when you along with your husband arrives ten minutes before the party. You sense something else is happening when you see the colourful decoration there. "Hi!" you greet them first. "Wow. Are these decorations and foods for Lay Oppa's farewell party and Kai's birthday party? Two celebrations?" all of them are in shock hearing your correct guess.

"Wow, no wonder she becomes the wife of the Genius Idol. As smart as her husband" Suho and Xiumin clap. You blushed at the compliment.

Five minutes later, D.O. arrives. "Wow.... I'm a little jealous. You all do this just for his farewell party? Including you too?" D.O. points at you.

"Why me? I don't know anything. I just arrived too" you bluntly answer him.

"Really? So, is it your plan then?" D.O. stares at Suho.

Xiumin quickly takes Chanyeol and Chen's arms and brings them to the kitchen. "5 minutes left. I hope Kai arrives now. We better wish them now or our plan will get spoiled by their curiosity at the last minute" Xiumin takes out the cakes while Chanyeol and Chen busily put the candles in each cake.

Meanwhile....

"My plan? What plan?" Suho pretends not to know anything.

"Oppa, they made this for two occasions. His farewell party and Kai Oppa's birthday party. His birthday falls today, right?" you remind D.O.

"Wow.... So, you made this for Kai, and not for me?" Somehow D.O. gets jealous. "I mean, I am okay if you don't celebrate this way. But you all forgot about my birthday. If I don't message everyone, nobody will wish me then" he pouts.

By the time he finishes talking, Kai arrives. Lay talks loud, to give a signal to those in the kitchen. "Kai has arrived!"

Chanyeol, Xiumin and Chen lit the candles on the three cakes. They take it outside. Seeing the cakes, Suho speaks. "To our beloved Kai, Kyungsoo and Y/N, happy birthday!!"

The members gather the three of you closer to each other. They put the cakes respectively in front of you while they sing a happy birthday song. After the song, Kai and Kyungsoo are thrilled, but you are confused instead. "Umm.... Thank you, everyone, but my birthday was last week...."

"We know. We know all of your birthdates. But, this week, we have several situations going on. So, that's why we choose today" Suho answers.

"Hmmm, let me see. Lay Oppa is leaving soon. This week is his, and his birthday" you point at D.O. and Kai respectively. "You choose today because coincidentally, it's Kai's birthday, and my Baekhyun is off on the weekend. So, all can gather around. You call me too because you want to celebrate my birthday together since I never celebrated with you all. Am I right?"

The EXO members are way beyond impressed with your correct guessing. "I didn't tell her. She just guessed everything on her own" Baekhyun put his hands up, adding more impression on you.

All of a sudden, Kai lets out a cry. "I never experience this before. Thank you! Thank you!" But the members are laughing instead. "There, there. Let's have dinner first, and cakes later!" the members agree with Xiumin. Each and every one of you takes a seat and grab the food bought earlier.

After dinner, the cakes are served. "Oppa! You really bought what I like!" You give a thumbs up to Sehun, and he does the same. The members try each flavour of the cakes. They compliment Sehun for giving attention to their preferences.

You and the EXO members are enjoying the main course and the desserts, and chatting with each other through the night....

"Guys, it's almost 1 am. Don't you want to go home and sleep? I thought someone is having a shoot tomorrow?" Lay suddenly gets up.

"Nope. We were done a few days ago. The next magazine shooting is scheduled for next week" Xiumin assures him. Lay nods.

"By the way...." Baekhyun stands up, all of a sudden. "Maybe I need to go home first because I am driving. And I want to sleep more since I need to return to service work on Monday. But before that...." he takes out three wraps of presents. "Happy Birthday my dear Kyungsoo and Kai.... And.... Hyung, this present is from me and my wife. We hope to see you again, face-to-face. I hope we can do the concert tours together, again in the future. As I said, I may not be able to see you at the airport, but I hope one of the two members can see you" Lay is in tears to see the other members pull out their presents as well. Kai, D.O. as well as you are also shocked to see the other members give presents to those who celebrate birthdays this month.

Lay stands up while shedding a few tears.

"Guys, I am sorry for not being able to be with you always. I am really thankful to be one of the most talented groups ever. I am thankful, that you never cast me aside, no matter what happens to me. I am thankful, that I am given a wonderful friend, not just the EXO members, but you too" you bow down as he points to you. "I am thankful, for everything.... I don't know what else to say. No matter how many times I say thank you, for the tenth time, even for the 71st time, thousand times.... Thank you again" the members get up and hug each other before going home, always cherishing and being grateful to each other.

On the other hand, you are happy to see this day, as you get to see the EXO members who are always thankful and grateful to each other, that they always love like their own brother, always support one another, and always be there, once, and forever.

To be continued....

Uploaded on: 14th January 2023

Author's Notes: Happy Kai Day!