Part 93 - 8 Congratulatory Notes

Fluff

Character:

EXO Members except for Baekhyun

Reader

'No comeback without Baekhyun.'

853 words

"Hmm.... why do I feel today goes really slow?" you are just finishing your lunch with your colleagues and returning to your office.

You check your phone for any incoming messages. You are surprised when there is new chatting going on in the chatting group where you and EXO members are in without your husband, Byun Baekhyun.

Suho: Testing, testing....

Xiumin: Yah! What are you testing about?

Suho: Wait. I should test before sending more messages. This is the group where we have Y/N but without Baekhyun right?

Chanyeol: Hyung, read the group name.

You: Yup, I'm here though.

Lay: 🤣🤣

Kai: Yah, Park Chanyeol! Don't bully my Hyung!

Chanyeol: Yah, Park Chanyeol? Yah, Park Chanyeol????

D.O.: Yah, you two. Stop chatting. It's noisy. I can't concentrate on this new song.

A few minutes have passed.

Chen: Wow, you two really listen to Kyungsoo then, hahaha. Wait, Sehun? Are you just becoming a CCTV?

You: Is he even here? Isn't that he's abroad now?

Chen: What do you mean he's abroad? Look. He even read my earlier message.

You: Hello Mr Sehun. Hello? Hello? Are you on the line? Oh, he's disconnected. Let's remove him.

Sehun: Yah! Okay, okay. I'm here, I'm here.

Chen: Oh wow, didn't know that method works.

Lay: 🤣🤣

Suho: Wait. Lay, are you going to answer us with only emojis?

Lay: Well, I was, at first. Because I don't have anything to say.

Xiumin: Say something, Lay. I miss you.

Chanyeol: Wow. Hyung....

Xiumin: What?

Chanyeol: Nothing.

Kai: Eiiii Hyung, what are you thinking?

Chanyeol: Oh, I thought you are going to say Yah, Park Chanyeol again.

D.O.: Guys.... Who's the admin here? Let's remove these two.

Kai: Eiiii Hyung. Kyungsoo Hyung. Are you in a bad mood today?

D.O.: No. I just want to concentrate on the new song.

Xiumin: Focus then. Why are you even looking at the phone? Whose turn to record the song?

Suho: Chen.

You: Oh wow, so, you're not going to tell Baekhyun about this new recording then?

Suho: We did though.

You: But he said he is only informed about the comeback, not the recording.

Suho: Oh, oh yeah, I forgot.

D.O.: Aigoo.... I can't with this Hyung.

The rest of the members are replying with a laughing emojis.

You: So, will Baekhyun will also be going to involve in this recording?

Suho: Of course! No comeback without Baekhyun. He's the main vocal with Kyungsoo and Chen.

You: But they have a comeback without you last time they did the "Don't Fight The Feeling."

Suho: Aish.... This jokester....

You and the rest of the members are replying with laughing emojis once again. You are also laughing for real in your office.

You: But he's still in service now.

Suho: But he will be discharged this Sunday, right?

You: Yup.

Suho: That would be no problem then. He usually memorises any songs faster. So shouldn't be a problem for him.

Sehun: Wow.... What about us? Kai, what about us....

Kai: I know right....

Chanyeol: Serves you right. Go serve the country right after the recording. Then you should be able to catch another comeback at the end of 2024 or early 2025.

Xiumin: Yah. What's wrong with you two today? Should I remove you two?

Chanyeol: No, no. Sorry.

Kai: Hyung. We are just doing a brotherly love here. Please don't get misunderstood.

Xiumin: Aigoo....

You are smiling when reading their chats. You continue to stay in the group chat before going back to work.

Lay: Oh. Y/N, could you help pass my congratulatory message to Baekhyun? Baekhyun! Congratulations on your discharge! Discharge fast, record fast, comeback fast!

You: Hehehe, okay. That's cool!

Suho: Yup! Wait. Let me think of the congratulatory note too.

D.O.: Y/N, when he said 'let me think,' you better ask him later or he will forget about it.

You: Hahaha, I will.

D.O.: I will send you in the personal message chat. Better.

Lay: I don't care. I'll just send it here.

Sehun: But, if you send it here, then Baekhyun Hyung will know this group.

You: It's okay. I'll take a screenshot and crop then send it to him.

Sehun: Then, he will know that we have a group without him....

You: Like he doesn't know you have a group without me, D.O. Oppa and Kai Oppa during our surprise birthday party?

Sehun: Heheh.... heheh....

Xiumin has been silent for a moment. You expect that he is the next one to go to record after Chen when Chen goes back to the chat.

Chen: Oh, sorry. Let me think for a moment. I just finish recording.

You: Xiumin Oppa? Is he in the recording room now?

Suho: Yup. After Chen.

You: Lay Oppa?

Lay: Me? I recorded it earlier when I was in Seoul last time.

You: Wow....

Suho: Alright. Let's think of the congratulatory notes we send to Baekhyun. There are eight of us, so, 8 congratulatory notes overall.

D.O.: And Y/N, don't forget to ask him back or he will forget.

You: Hahaha.... Okay, okay.

And you return to your work after the chat.

To be continued....

Uploaded on: 2nd February 2023