Part 87 - Love Shot (Side 4 - 1 Song 4 You)

Fluff

Character:

Baekhyun

Reader

'I know what song they are going to perform just from the position'

621 words

The performance has started. You and your husband, Byun Baekhyun, enjoy the performances presented by various SM celebrities. You didn't know when EXO is going to perform, but you patiently wait while watching the other concerts performed by solo artists, duets, and also group work.

The stage goes dark when the artists are changing places. At one time, you notice a few people going to the stage in dark and taking their own position.

"It's them." your eyes are wide open when your husband whispers to you, telling you that the silhouette belongs to the EXO members.

"How do you know?" you get curious.

"Love Shot position. They are going to perform Love Shot" he answers casually. "Well, my love.... Your husband has performed this many times, so, of course, I know what song they are going to perform just from the position" he continues.

"Wow.... That's my husband" you show a thumbs up to him, impressed and feeling proud of him. He looks at you and smiles. "I wonder who is going to replace your part since you are in the military."

"Want to bet? It's going to be Kyungsoo. I sing at the beginning of the song and somewhere in the second chorus" your husband places a sudden bet.

"Why him? I'm thinking Chen Oppa though" you think of a different member.

"Kyungsoo and I have a similar voice range, though his voice tends to be slightly lower than mine. But usually, if I am absent, or Kyungsoo absent, we take turns replacing in singing the parts" your husband explains. "What about you? Why Chen though?"

"Because he is in the main vocal part, and he gets most lines though. So, I guess it's him. If not, Suho Oppa."

"Nope. I don't think so. Usually, they will replace with a member who has a similar voice range or similar voice texture first" your husband argues.

"Hahaha, I don't know. But I think in the second part, I think Sehun Oppa will take your dancing position. You dance at the front for the second chorus, right?" your husband raises his left eyebrow. "Why him?"

"Well, when I see your lines, the song always begins and ends with the main vocal part; you, D.O. Oppa, Chen Oppa, and sometimes Suho and Xiumin Oppa. When the song goes to the middle or to the bridge, the rappers' part will take place; so, either Chanyeol Oppa, Sehun Oppa, or Kai Oppa. The SKY brothers" you grin. "If Lay Oppa is here, he will go to the second part of the song too."

"Wow, nice observation. Let's see how their line goes" your husband compliments you.

As the Love Shot starts, your husband wins the bet. D.O. is the one who replaces your husband's part. Your mouth opens wide while looking at your husband.

However, you guessed correctly when Sehun takes place at your husband's dancing position towards the middle of the song.

"Hehehe, nobody wins. So, no bet lost" your husband pinches your left cheek. You giggle at his actions and continue. "It's okay. I will sing 1 song 4 you since you win the first part of the song."

As the song reach the end, you and your husband give a big, round applause to them. You cheer their name, one by one, trying to compete with the other fans who scream louder than you. The members change turns with other singers. You sit down and think of something.

"Hmm? Are they only performing one song?" you look at your husband.

"Impossible. Usually, we will be asked to perform about 3-5 songs; as a whole group, solo or sub-units. It's okay. Let's keep watching and see what other performances they show later."

To be continued....

Uploaded on: 30th January 2023