Part 77 - 24 Thousand Pieces

Angst

Character:

Baekhyun

Reader

'Has a lot to compromise.'

614 words

He sighs.

He looks at you.

"Sweetie...."

You keep quiet.

"So, you really don't want to talk to me?"

"Be quiet, please. I'm driving now" you are focusing on driving rather than arguing with him.

He surrenders and silences himself.

Thankfully, you two arrive home, safe. Both of you enter the house. You choose to ignore him first. You are still disappointed, but you choose to prepare for the shower and take a bath with your husband, hoping his emotion will improve and start opening up to you.

"I guess this is what many married couples and experts say 'has a lot to compromise.' I feel that now" you mumble to yourself. You take a deep breath and search for your husband.

Your heart is aching when you see him just staring at the floor. "Hubby.... let's shower. You look terrible" you softly call him. He is surprised that you are still wanting to talk to him.

He follows you to the shower. Both of you undress each other. Suddenly, he gets closer to you and kisses you. He breaks the kiss and sighs.... and you could see his tears welling up in his eyes.

"Just cry" as soon as you hug him, he cries so hard.... So hard that he eventually falls down to his knees. You bring him to sit in the tub.

You keep quiet as he vents to himself through actions; he screams, he punches the wall, he screams again, he knocks himself, and his cry is getting louder. You hold his hands softly to prevent him from punching the wall and knocking himself again. You just keep quiet.... and let him throw out all the negative feelings inside of him. You patiently wait and stay in the tub with him until he calms down, though you are crying to see his current state as well.

After some time.... he slowly calms down. He didn't cry hard as earlier, but you choose not to say anything until he says something. As you thought that is it over, all of a sudden, he starts again.

Back to square one.

He screams louder this time; he cries while hitting his chest as if his heart is broken into more than 24 thousand pieces. At this moment, you are silently praying so that God could give him the strength to go through his pain.

He cries, screams, cries, and screams again until his eyes swell. "I'm.... so.... sorry" but you didn't answer him, instead, you bring him to your warm embrace.

Thankfully, after all the venting, he finally calms down and stops crying. He coughs from the crying, but you only rub his back to reduce the cough. This time, you take the chance to wash him. You take the soap, and soap all over him and yourself. He just keeps quiet this time. You rinse with clean water.

When both of you complete the shower, he finally speaks after a sigh. "I'm sleepy."

You still keep your silence but express the answer in actions. You take his hand and bring him to the bedroom. After closing and locking the door, both of you dry yourself and lay on the bed right away.

"Don't leave me...." his tone gets back to being sad. He hugs you tightly. You could see him looking at you, begging you don't go.

"Hubby.... let's sleep. I'm not going anywhere. I'm sleepy too. Let's sleep, hmm?"

Your lovely voice of response warms his heart a bit. You are staring at each other until he closes his eyes first. When you see him drifting to his slumber, you place your head on his chest and sleep together with him.

To be continued....

Uploaded on: 28th January 2023