Chapter XVIII: Finn Mikaelson and Heartwarming Moments

***Recap***

When she arrived in the kitchen, all of her mates were there each with a knowing smirk on their faces.

"What," Sage asked as she sat down with a cup of black coffee in front of her.

Her mates just shook their leads before Sage noticed a man standing next to Klaus and Kol whom she had yet to meet.  He was as handsome as her mates but she knew he wasn't one of hers.  Elijah and Damon had joined the others by now and saw who their mate was starting at. 

"God, I can see what Kol meant when he said she was beautiful," thought the unknown vampire.

"Sage, please forgive our older brother's manners.  He's not comfortable around humans," Elijah said as he looked at his older brother.

"Nice to finally, meet my brother's mate.  I'm Finn.  Finn Mikaelson."

***Now***

"So you're the oldest brother? It's nice to meet you," Sage said in her southern accent as she looked at the oldest Mikaelson. "And Kol it's nice to know that you talk about how beautiful you think I am to you brother and others."

"How'd you know he told me," Finn asked in surprise.

"Oh, I'm a telepath. I can read minds," Sage said as she sat down next to Jasper and Stefan, before turning her attention to Klaus whose thoughts were loud. "And quite with the jealous thought Klaus. I decided to complete the mating bond with Elijah and Damon. If you have a problem with who I decide to complete the mating bond then stay home today."

Sage was glaring at her hybrid mate shocking Finn that she was even speaking to him like that and she wasn't dead. Klaus looked away from his mate's intense glare. He hated how she completed the bond with his older brother first since he was still mad about how the first doppelgänger chose Elijah over him.

Hearing his thoughts about the first doppelgänger, Sage got up from her seat, Sage walked over to Klaus, and took his hand. Smiling lovingly at her mate, Sage pulled him into a different room to talk privately. Elijah knew what Klaus' problem was because he was also the victim of the first doppelgänger. The others just looked where Sage and Klaus disappeared to confused about what had happened.

"What was that about," Emmett asked as he looked at the Mikaelson brothers.

"Klaus and I have been victims of the first doppelgänger that started our type of vampire. She claimed to love me but she also was sleeping around with Klaus. Being Sage's mate isn't easy for him since she has nine mates altogether. She's doing her best at giving each and every one of us time alone with her, but it's not easy on her," Elijah said as he looked at everyone in the room.

All of Sage's mates looked at one another. They knew that Sage was doing her best to give them all equal attention but they also knew that it wasn't easy for her.

***Out on the front porch with Sage and Klaus***

Sage leans against the railing of the front porch, staring out into the surrounding woods. Klaus walks up next to his mate and copies her actions by leaning against the railing. The pair are silent for a time, having a silent conversation through their mind link. Klaus allowed Sage to see everything from the time of the first doppelgänger and what had happened between him and Elijah. Once Sage was done reading Klaus' thoughts on what happened, she turned to look at her mate.