Chapter IX: Meeting Tara and Lafayette

***Recap***

Damon smiled before he sat down and to his surprise, Sage sat down on his lap. Smiling at the way her granddaughter acted with her mates Adele knew that they would love and protect her with their lives. Adele knew that she couldn't keep Sage away from her other mates, she knew it wouldn't be fair to Sage or the Cullen boys.

"Sage, sweetheart, if it'll make you happy I will allow you to travel to Washington to be with your other mates," Adele said.

Sage squealed in delight as she quickly got out of Damon's arms and made her way over to her grandmother. Sage hugged her grandmother in delight that she could leave to go be with her mates. Just then the moment of happiness was disturbed by Sookie coming home from work. Sage looked outside to see that it was now dark out and the one vampire that Sage didn't trust would be over soon for her sister. Bill Compton.

***Now***

When Sookie entered the house she heard her younger sister squeal in excitement. As soon as she entered the living room Sage's smile fell from her face. She knew that Sookie didn't trust her mates since the incident that happened a few hours ago.

"What's going on?" Sookie asked.

"I'm leaving Bon Temps, Sookie," Sage said.

"What, why? Is it because of Godric?"

"No, Elijah and the others know who my other mates are, Sook. I'm going so I can be with them," Safe said.

Before anyone could say anything the door opened and Bill vamped in, standing protectively in front of Sookie. As soon as Bill's eyes landed on the other immortals, Bill's fangs dropped causing Sage to take a step back towards her grandmother to stand in front of her. Klaus glanced at his mate and when their eyes met, Sage read his mind.

"Friends of yours?" Klaus thought towards his mate.

Sage slowly shook her head no and as soon as Klaus saw that he allowed his hybrid face to show. His eyes turned to gold/orange and black veins appeared under his eyes. This scared Sookie but Sage saw her mate she became turned on by his appearance. When Bill saw Klaus's face he retracted his fangs for he knew just who Klaus was and what he was capable of.

  When Bill saw Klaus's face he retracted his fangs for he knew just who Klaus was and what he was capable of

"Ah, so you know who I am, boy. You, dare bare your fangs at my mate? It is because you are Sookie's mate that I will not kill you for I know it would hurt Sage's sister. And if I were to hurt Sookie in any way it would also hurt my mate."

"My apologies, I did not expect someone of your status to be here when I caught the scent of unfamiliar vampires," Bill tried to explain.

"Doesn't give you the right to bare your fangs at our mate," Elijah growled as he and Damon stood next to Sage.

Stefan and Kol are close to Adele to protect her if things got ugly. Sage was holding onto Damon's hand as she tried to keep calm. Not two minutes later did the front door open and two of Sage's closest friends entered.