Chapter I: The Fight and Trip to New Orleans

Sage Stackhouse couldn't say that she was shocked by what she had walked into but it didn't hurt any less. It was late when Sage left for Fangtasia to meet up with her friend Godric, who also happened to be Eric's maker.  When the young Stackhouse first met Godric, she managed to talked him out of meeting the  the true death. The two had become close friends and Sage had agreed to be Godric's so she would be safe and in return Sage would let Godric to drink her blood. However what neither of them expected was for Sage to start to fall for him even though she knew that he wasn't one of her soulmates and she wasn't his.

The evening Sage went to meet Godric at Fangtasia she was now running late due to her sister fussing over Bill. When Sage got to the club she met Pam out front, however Pam was trying to keep her from going inside.

"Pam, what the Hell is going on?  Does Godric not want to see me tonight?" Sage asked irritated.

"Sage sweetheart, it seems like Godric found his mate and doesn't want to upset you," Pam explained.

"So instead of telling me himself he has you tell me that he no longer wants to see me? That's some bullshit." Sage shouted before she stormed into the club.

Sage stormed through the club heading towards Eric's office where she and Godric would meet up. As soon as she got to the office Sage opened the door to see not only Godric but her best friend, Kateline, topless, sitting across Godric's lap.

"What the Hell is this?" Sage shouted, shocking the two.

"Sage, what are you doing here? I thought that Pam wasn't supposed to let you in." Godric asked as Kateline put her shirt back on.

"You're such a coward Godric, having Pam tell me that you found your mate in none other than my best friend.  I would've been more understanding that you found your mate if it came from you than Pam," Sage continued to shout at the two new mates.

"Sage, please," Godric tried to beg to her.

"You know what? FUCK the two of you. Lose my number and don't come after me, I'm leaving," Sage said as she hurried from the club.

As she left Eric noticed the upset look on the young telepath's face, and couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Sage had talked to Eric about confessing her feelings to Godric even though she and Godric were not soul mates. Eric had convinced her that it would be a wise decision because he knew that Godric would keep her safe. Once Sage left Eric made his way to his office where Godric and Kateline, now sat in silence. Godric was leaning on his knees, phone in hand, and a picture of Sage and him that was taken just over two weeks ago.

(What the pic of Godric and Sage looks like)

"Godric," Eric said, causing Kateline to look up at the Viking vampire.

"I'll give you two some privacy," Kateline said as she gently squeezed Godric's shoulder before leaving the office.

"I never wanted to hurt Sage, Eric. I care deeply for her." Godric said, as he refused to look away from the photo.