XVIII - Yes, I Left.

Does anyone who has always left take all the blame?

Is it really their fault? Mayhaps, yes. Mayhaps, no. Is that really hard to choose yourself? Saving myself from all of your shits. I was there trying to change myself to at least please society's standards, as if we could never have flaws and perceive that as an unforgivable sin—or maybe I was the only one who was in love here? A fucking one sided love.

Call me manipulative, dear, but maybe if I tend to leave, you will know my worth.

It's ironic that you have just mentioned, "Anyone who will stay will always stay, and anyone who is destined to leave will always leave." I might be the right person for you, for I never doubt that I was meant to be in your life—I never intend to leave.

Although admit or not, we've missed something, such as "Why are we focusing on the idea of leaving nor staying?" when the real question would be,

"Does this person make me feel everything?"

"Does this person bring out the best in me?"

"Does it make me who and what I wanted to be? Does it give me freedom?"

"Does this person really love me, or was she just in love with the idea that I'm staying even if it hurts a lot?"

Dearest, Did you ever notice some progress—or did we really make progress?

You made people believe in you but the latter part, let them suffer with your flowery shit words as if you really did love nor even care for them. Am I the one being manipulative here?

Okay, fine, I'm the manipulative jerk, but why am I even begging for your attention? Why should I even beg you to hear my mind? Why am I even craving what you called love?

I know you know your worth. Maybe I should know my worth, too is.

You don't want such goodbyes? You never even said nor show you meant for me to stay.

"If you really love them, you will stay no matter what." Oh, come on. Fuck this toxicity.

Yes, I left.

But it does not mean you're always right.

• • •