I - Have They Ever?

Have they ever?

Have they ever?

You would keep asking yourself—and it makes you wonder if there's any possibility that they ever feel the same way as how you become shit when you've already let someone go. Even though you have loved them so much, it just keeps hurting you.

You couldn't bear it anymore, but how come you did it just to keep them in your life?

At the end of the day, it's just you in the corner of this room, and you couldn't help but wonder—am I not worthy of keeping?

To the point that I have to experience this? Do I really deserve this? Like, why do I have to let everyone go and let them just be happy without me?

Have they ever felt lonely without me?

Have they ever missed me the way I missed them?

Have they ever cried because they were afraid to lose me?

Have they ever feared living as if someone relied on your words and now they have nothing left?

Have they ever loved me the way I have loved them?

I would never know what was on their mind, but they'd eventually ask me to let them go.

Perhaps that person is making you unsound. It makes you question your worth as how they'd let you oversee the future with them and, later on, let you doubt and overthink things. It will just haunt you indefinitely—that makes you a shit even more.

For whatever reason, those people are not meant to stay in your life.

• • •