3

"It was nice meeting you dears, such a lovely pair you are. Can we hope to hear good news soon ?" Mrs Mishra asks with a mischievous look on her face making me blush while i hear the sound of Veera clearing his throat.

"Oh stop making them blush. I am sure we will hear good news from them soon. Meanwhile, tie him home for a week Vedha. I swear he is in the office every time I call him, even in the nights" Mr Mishra says making my mood go down all of a sudden.

Mrs Mishra elbows him making him yelp.

"Have a good night dears" Mrs Mishra says before pulling Mr Mishra to their car just as our car pulls up near.

Veera gets inside in an instant making me follow him in.

We soon reach home and he is already inside our bedroom.

I go in to change only to spot him in his tshirt and sweatpants sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap.

Sighing inside i go to the bathroom and change into one of the sarees i wear at home. Yeah i do wear sarees at home along with nighties and chudidhar.

I then go down and start making the cake that needs to be delivered by tomorrow. I planned on completing this evening but since Veera informed me about the dinner i started getting ready and it took all the time.

It is almost 12 when i hear the sound of footsteps approaching and when i look up from icing the cake for the 8th birthday of the son of one of the neighbours of Veera's parents I see Veera entering the kitchen , frowning.

"Why are you working this late ?" He asks as he stands on the other side of the kitchen island that i am working on, his hands hanging on either side of him as he hunches his shoulders making him look intimidating and hot at the same time.

"I have to deliver this cake tomorrow to the Sharmas' son's birthday" i say as I resume icing the cake.

Veera gives a little nod before walking up to the refrigerator and taking out a bottle of water, walking back out.

I sigh as I start smoothing the icing.

Within another minute i hear another set of footsteps and when i look up again Veera is entering the hall with his laptop in his hand and he seats himself on the couch facing directly into the kitchen, placing his laptop on his lap while stretching his legs on top of the tea table.

I smile with so much happiness i swear Veera has never made me smile this much.

This is a very simple act but it holds so much warmth in it.

This act brings back loosen strength in me and just for the sake of him i quicken my pace of work.

Within half an hour i am done and just as i clear the table and place the cake inside the refrigerator and turn to the hall i make eye contact with Veera who is already looking at me.

He diverts his eyes back to the screen of his laptop as soon as our eyes meet making me feel dismissed.

"Goodnight nga" i say making him give a little nod without looking at me while i walk towards our room.

I thought he would come but he didn't and just as I started dozing off I heard the opening and closing of the door making me smile a little as I sleep with content.

Thank you babes ❤️