Chapter 26. Getting Hitched

Pure fluff for this chapter

Pure fluff for this chapter. Couldn't find a Bucky picture of him in a blue suit with a clean shaven face, so just imagine that part. In case you've forgotten the guy in the photo edit (I'm not that good) with him is Lacey's brother Terry.
******************

There were several Avengers that got up with Bucky for a run the next morning. Even Terry and Tommy came out and joined them. They ran the perimeter of Clint's farm which didn't take long for most of them. By the time they got back the caterers had pancakes, sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs ready for everyone. There were also an assortment of muffins, pastries and fresh fruit. No one said anything when both Bucky and Tommy piled up their plates, knowing already they had caloric requirements for the high metabolism they shared. Clint came out to the food tables and loaded up a plate for Lacey, taking it back in the house.

Bucky watched, a big smile on his face. "I'm not even allowed to see her at breakfast?" he called as Clint went back inside.

"No," replied Clint leaning out the door briefly. "You'll see her this afternoon."

There was some laughter from the other guests and Bucky stayed put in his chair, stuffing his face, as Tommy called it. He noticed Terry sitting next to Sarah and were both flirting in an outrageous way. When he glanced at Sam, sitting on his other side it seemed he was okay with it. Sam looked at him and shrugged slightly.

"She's a grown woman," he said. "He's a nice man."

"So was I," said Bucky, in mock offence.

"You were taken," replied Sam, then he changed the subject. "So, what's this big announcement that Fury's going to make at the reception?"

"I don't know," lied Bucky. "He hasn't said anything to me."

"You're a terrible liar," said Sam. "I'm shocked he's even going to be here. There's only a skeleton crew minding the compound and I never heard of him attending any social functions with the old Avengers."

"Times change," said Bucky. "Maybe they have the training centre completed."

"Right," drawled Sam. "I can just see you being the first one there, pumping iron, doing a thousand push ups every day, and practicing your marksmanship."

"It's why I'm good at what I do," replied Bucky. "My body is a machine, Sam. Haven't you always said that?"

Sam sniffed and kept eating his breakfast while Bucky just chuckled. They were all going to be so surprised. Clint came out of the house again and this time he was looking for volunteers starting with Bucky and Sam.

"We have to finish decorating the barn," he announced. "Dressing the chairs, and tables, setting them in the right position, making sure the stage is safe for the DJ. Peter, you know technical stuff, can you check the lighting and make sure it all works?"

Peter Parker stopped chewing, mid-bite. "Sure, I can do that," he said, with his mouth partially full of food.

With Clint glaring at everyone breakfast seemed to speed up and soon there was a small army finishing the barn decoration as well as making sure the wedding ceremony location was also ready. With a couple of hours left before the ceremony Clint was satisfied and everyone was released to begin getting ready.