Cool Anime Powers

"Come on girls, transform already!" Yunan yelled. "If we're going to beat Anne, you have to have better control over these weird human powers."

Sasha grunted as she tried and failed to activate her calamity powers alongside Marcy. "I thought I told you. These powers aren't a human thing!"

Marcy sighed in defeat. "Sorry, Yunan. I don't think it's something we can just activate at will."

Yunan narrowed her eyes. "I beg to differ. Anne seemed perfectly capable of keeping her powers active."

Sasha turned to Yunan with an annoyed expression. "Anne's using hate to keep her powers going. If we did that, we'd probably turn into evil killing machines too."

Yunan rolled her eyes. "Then find a different trigger then. It can't be that hard!"

Olivia reached up and put her hand on Yunan's shoulder. "Perhaps it's time we give these two a break. We've been at this for hours now."

Yunan sighed. "Fine, but we'll pick up right where we left off tomorrow, got it?"

Sasha and Marcy both begrudgingly agreed before turning and walking back to the Plantar's home for dinner. Sasha groaned as soon as Olivia and Yunan were out of earshot. "How do you put up with her!? She's insufferable!"

"I know Yunan can be a little bossy sometimes, but she's a good teacher." Marcy chucked. "She's the one that taught me how to use my crossbow when I lived in Newtopia."

"Okay, sure. Yunan's a good fighter." Sasha replied. "But she knows just as much about these powers as we do! How is she supposed to teach us how to use them?"

Marcy put a finger on her chin. "You make a good point. We need to find someone with knowledge on how to use these powers."

Sasha scoffed. "How are we supposed to find someone like that? Andrias barely knows anything and you said that even the Core was clueless about how the stones work."

SQUAWK

Suddenly a bug-like parrot flew in front of the girls and began tugging at Sasha's hair.

"The fuck?! Get away from me you little pest!" Sasha shouted at the bird as she tried to swat it away.

Marcy gasped. "Wait a second, I know that bird! It's the same one that Valeriana had when Anne, the Plantars, and I went to the Second Temple!"

"Valeri-who?" Sasha questioned but before Marcy could explain a strange-looking newt in white robes appeared in front of them, holding some kind of staff in their hand.

"Leander! What did I say about going on ahead of me?!"

Sasha and Marcy stared in shock as Valeriana scolded the bird before turning to address the two humans. "Ah, the Champion of Wit and the Champion of Strength. It's good to see you."

Sasha raised a finger to speak but was cut off by Marcy. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're here. How'd you do that? Wait, are you a witch like Maddie, that's so cool! Can you tell me how to—?"

Sasha slapped a hand over Marcy's mouth. "What she's trying to say is why the fuck are you here and what do you want?"

Valeriana laughed as Leander flew onto her shoulder. "Isn't it obvious? I'm here to help you control your Calamity Powers."

Sasha narrowed her eye. "Kinda weird that you showed up right when we needed you."

Valeriana simply smiled back at the blonde. "I have my ways of knowing when my services are required."

"Now then..." Valeriana waved her staff in the air, teleporting the three to the top of a mountain. "Let's get to work."

Marcy bounced up and down in excitement as she looked around at their new environment. "I've always wanted to be trained by a wise old sensei!"