chapter twenty four

Two hours rolls around and I'm meeting jj at john b's. "hey" he said as he was pulling himself onto the counter. "hi" I stated quietly. "Y/n look I'm really sorry. I fucked up and I just want you to know I'm not embarrassed of you" he said turning his head to look out the window. "JJ I think the part that hurt me most is the fact that you lied to me about me pushing that guy away" I said looking up at him. "Y/n you were pushing him off of you" "JJ I know for a fact I was not. Why were you jealous?" I asked him and grabbed his hand. "because I get over protective of you because I care about you!" he said standing up off the counter.

"I mean Y/n I know this is wrong but I think Im really-" JJ was saying as he got interrupted by the pogues walking in laughing loudly. "J what were you saying?" I whispered to him so only he could hear. "oh uhm it was nothing" he told me smiling. " Hey j kie is working at the wreck do you wanna go with us and get food?" pope asked. Jj looked at me like he had to ask if he could go. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. My phone suddenly started ringing. "uh j I gotta go" I said awkwardly sprinting out the door. I took my phone out of my pocket on my way to the car and answered it when I got in the car.

"Hey Sarah what's up" I asked while backing out of the driveway of the chateau. "I was wondering if you could pick up my shift at the country club today?" I really didn't have the mental capacity to go to the country club today, but I do need some quick cash to pay for that hospital bill. "Uh yeah sure I guess what time is it at?" I asked her. I was really hoping i would have time to shower. "It starts at 2:30 and goes until closing" she said. i look down at my clock it's 1:45. I need to rush home.

I hang up with Sarah and drive home. Once I get home I only see my father and my brother's cars. Once I get inside I rush upstairs and shower and shave. Then once I got out I blow dried my hair and then straightened it and then put on my work clothes (country club t-shirt and a athletic skirt). I do my make up and everything else i needed and then head back out to the car. by this time it was 2:20 good thing i live pretty close. When i got there it was a little busy at the front so i helped get people signed in and golfing.

A few hours pass and its my turn to be bev cart girl. (basically just going around the course with alcohol and soda and water). As im driving past one of the golfing holes there are three guys there and they stop me. "Y/n Stop!" It was rafe. I abruptly stop the cart and turn the cart around towards them. Kelce and Topper were also with him. "Hey princess can I get a beer and whatever they want" Rafe said pointing to the boys behind them. "Can i get a beer too" "Me aswell" Topper and kelce both said. "Well technically I can't sell you beer because none of you are 21" i said with a grin on my face knowing this will make them mad. "Two things sweetheart. One is you've given them to us before and two is who said were paying. you always give them to us for free" rafe said stepping closer to me. how does topper let this shit happen?! " Rafe please just pay the 20 dollars i know it's a lot for 3 beers but were rich. so why do you care?" i said picking up the cash jar on the cart holding it out for him to put something in it. "Why do i have to pay now if you've never made me before?" rafe asked with confusion. "Rafe please I need the money right now. I have shit going on so please pay the twenty bucks and be done. "What's going on?" he asked.

"its nothing i just uhm-" "She got her stomach pumped bc she got wasted at a pogue party with JJ and got alcohol poisoning and our dad is PISSED and the bill was around 3,000 and he's making her pay for it out of pocket" Topper said while laughing. Rafe looked at me almost like he was mad. "Is that true?" he asked when turning his head back over to me. "TOPPER IM GONNA KILL YOU NOT EVERYONE HAS TO KNOW ABOUT THAT" i said while screaming at topper. I gathered my shit got on the cart. As i was getting on the cart rafe put his stuff on the back of the cart and then sat upfront with me. "Can you bring me upfront i have to run out somewhere?" rafe asked while looking at me. He still looks so mad. But god does he look so hot. Not on is his hat on backwards his shirt isn't buttoned all the way. ugh im melting right now. "Hello? y/n???" he said waving a hand in front of my face. "Oh uhm yeah sorry just admiring the view" i said smiling. He smiled at me then put his hand on my thigh.

When we got to the front he kissed me on the cheek and then said goodbye and left. I only had like an hour left of my shift then i was off. To pass time I started talking to the older people around that were getting drinks from the bar. "Young lady i have to ask is that cameron boy your boyfriend?" Said a sweet old lady that was sitting at the bar drinking a water. "Oh no ma'am were family friends" I said laughing but blushing. "Sweetie let me tell you this that is not friends the way you are looking at each other is love. My husband and I's family were friends and that is how we met as well. I used to hate him he was so snotty. But then i soon realized i was in love with him. I started to look at everything he had done for me. He would take me out to dinner, send me notes in the mail, show up at my house with flowers for my mother and I." She said as she gave me a smile. "Oh well he doesn't do that kind of stuff for me ma'am. We just bicker all the time. Trust me when i tell you he does not love me" i told her while i was drying glasses. She just shrugged and took a sip of her water and said "Trust me sweetie he does." she said when nodding towards someone behind her while getting off the barstool. It was rafe.

"Hey! how much of that did you hear?" i asked him. "all of it" he said laughing. "Uhm i just wanted to give you something because i feel bad for not paying for my beers. so uh here" He said as he handed me 20 bucks. "Oh rafe i wasn't worried about it.." i said accepting it anyway. My shift ends in 10 minutes so i say goodbye to rafe and help close up the bar. Once im done closing i go out to my car. Once i unlock it and get it theres something in my passenger seat. It's a note flowers and a thick envelope. the note reads "Im sorry i was a dick hopefully the flowers will make up for my attitude and the 3,000 will help cover that hospital bill. See ya soon! -Rafe"