Six

"Alright, ladies! Bring it in." Coach Hammon yells as a whistle is blown, the entire team jogging to her. "Great work today, and for the last two weeks. I'm really excited with what I see in this group and what I know we can accomplish together. We have two weeks before we head to Minneapolis and we are going to keep working just as hard as we have to make sure we're ready. No one is going to walk all over the Aces this season!"

"Ya!" The group collectively yells in support of her statement.

"Tomorrow we are going to work on cardio so bring running shoes along with your court shoes. They can't defend us if they can't beat us down the court. I'm proud to be coaching this group of ladies, go hit the showers."

"Can you feel it, JP?" She looks up as an arm is draped over her shoulders, Chelsea grinning at her, "This seasons gonna be different."

"We can all feel it, Chels." Jo laughs, half hugging her friend though.

"Hey ladies!" A'ja hollers as they enter the locker room, "How far we going this year?"

"ALL THE WAY!!" The room bursts, everyone cheering loudly. Whooping and hollering filling the space.

"That's right!" A'ja laughs, everyone turning to their own locker spaces to find their personal items.

Jo grabs her phone as she turns, hoping Jackie has figured out plans for tonight so she doesn't have to. Her curiosity gets the better of her as she sees a notification that Michael posted on Instagram, tapping it quickly. The photo surprises her, and she quickly taps to like it.

Michaelclifford

Liked by jordanplum10, and 218,384 peopleMichaelclifford: 😷

Michaelclifford: 😷

"JP, you get distracted by something?" She startles as Dearica speaks up, "Oh you did." Her friend grins as she glances over her shoulder to see the photo on the screen.

"JP distracted? Never." Chelsea scoffs.

"You got a boy you haven't told us about?" De grins, leaning sideways against the divider between the locket spaces.

"Someone might have slid into my DMs a few weeks ago." She shrugs, swiping out of the app and locking her phone, "But that doesn't mean it's gone anywhere." She adds, grabbing her shower bag and turning to head towards the showers.

"That was a copout answer and I do not accept it!" De calls out loudly, following her.

"Well it's all you're getting right now, so you better learn to live with that." Jordan laughs, stepping into one of the showers and closing the curtain.

"What's happening?" She hears Aisha call from the next stall over.

"JP's got someone in her DMs." Dearica announces to the whole team.

"About fucking time!" Theresa laughs out.

"Hey! I heard that." Jo laughs.

"We need some details, JP!" A'ja's voice rings through the space.