Forty-Five

"Hey, Jac." Jo sighs, dropping her bag on the floor and pulls her sister into a tight hug.

"Good to have you home, Winner!" Jackie laughs.

"I think Im still in shock. We made it to the Finals." Jo half squeals.

"Three more wins and you're the WNBA champs! You've got this." Jackie laughs, "Also, we need to talk about the whole dad issue, but first, there's something in your room you need to go handle."

"What?" Jo frowns, glancing around her sister towards where her room sits, picking up her bag nervously.

"Its not dad." Jackie laughs softly.

"You're far too calm for it to be dad. I was actually trying to figure out how Michael could have done something between late last night and now."

"Guess you'll have to go see." She smirks, pushing Jo towards her room.

Scrunching her eyes at Jackie, Jo turns quickly to head towards her room, pushing open the door almost nervously. "Oh." She gasps, a hand lifting to cover her mouth as she sees what's waiting for her. Pulling out her phone with a shaky hand and immediately calling Michael.

"Hey, baby." Michael sounds happy as he answers.

"What the fuck? How?" She laughs.

"Congratulations, Jo. You deserve everything, and that is just a small thing, to show you how much I love and support you, even if I can't be in the stands at every game. I'm so fucking proud of you for making the finals."

"It's so cute." She giggles, sitting down on her bed and pulling the teddy bear into her arms.

"You always call me your teddy bear boyfriend, I had to get you a teddy bear." Michael chuckles.

"I love it. And the roses. How did you get this here today?"

"Jackie and I worked it out, and you don't need to know." He chuckles, "Did you see what's around his neck?"

"What?" She frowns for a second, turning the bear until she gasps, seeing the small silver airplane charm attached to a beautiful chain. "Michael."

"I love you, Jo. I hope you'll wear it proudly."

"When?"

"I actually found it on our date night last week." He chuckles, "I grabbed it when you ran to the bathroom, and I hid it in another bag."

"Sneaky sneaky. Its perfect, Michael. Thank you."

"I wanted to. I wish I could be there to cheer you on in person at every game, but I hope you know I'm cheering you on from here. I am your biggest fan, always."

"I love you, Michael."

"I love you too, baby. Did you put on the necklace?"

"Ya, it fits perfectly." She giggles.

"I wasnt too worried about that part." He laughs back.

"It's beautiful, as are the roses, and the teddy bear, I will be snuggling him every single night that I'm not snuggling with you. Especially since he's got your cologne on him."

"I hope you do."

"I will. I have to go though. Jackie and I have to decide what the fuck we are doing about dad."

"Good luck with that, let me know if you need anything, Jo. I'm always here for you."

"I know, I love you. Get back to work on the show for next week, London is so close now."