Thirteen

Jo catches the ball as it's passed to her, dribbling once to her left before pulling up, jumping hard as she shoots, watching the ball fall through the hoop as the buzzer sounds.

"And with that JP jumper your Las Vegas Aces secure the win over the Los Angeles Sparks!" The announcer booms over the room, Jo's teammates running towards her.

"That was a game worth showing off for your man." Dearica hugs her tightly, the others jumping on too.

"We beat them by twenty-eight points, it's not like that was a buzzer beater for the win." She laughs, accepting the love though.

"Still impressive in front of your man." Sydney chuckles, the group breaking apart.

"Great game tonight, JP!" Coach Hammon hands her a towel as she approaches the bench, grabbing a water bottle as she wipes the back of her neck.

"Thanks." She nods, her eyes caught up on the guy walking down the few stairs between where he'd sat for the game and where she stands.

"Apparently I need to come to all your games." Michael chuckles, stopping just behind the chair she's stood in front of.

"Oh ya?" She chuckles, kneeling onto the chair to bring herself closer to him.

"If you're going to play that well, ya."

"I liked having you here." She smiles, tugging him slightly closer by the large front pocket of his hoodie.

"I quite enjoyed being here." He grins.

"I also like the hoodie." She smirks.

"I saw it in the window and couldn't walk past it. Don't be surprised if I'm wearing it pretty much everyday for the next six weeks until our lives cross paths again."

"I'll have to make sure to pick up a 5sos hoodie when I make it to your show in July." She nods.

"So, am I waiting for you to leave? Or should I go with Jackie and meet you back at the house."

"You can wait, I'll only be about fifteen minutes." She smiles.

"I'll be waiting." He nods, grinning when she tugs at his hoodie again, stretching slightly to peck his lips quickly.

"I'll be back." She smiles as she moves back off the chair, heading down towards the locker room with a large smile on her face.

"I've literally never seen you so happy, not in all the years I've known you." Aisha hipchecks Jo as they head down the tunnel together.

"I don't know if I've ever been this happy." Jo shrugs, pulling her jersey over her head and tossing it into her locker, grabbing her shower bag and double checking shorts and a bra are in it before heading for the showers.

Fifteen minutes later she's slid into a light jacket, heading back to the arena floor to find Michael wandering the edge of the court, lost in thought.

"Seeing anything interesting?" She chuckles, getting him to turn and find her.

"Ya, you." He shrugs, jogging lightly across the court back to where she is.

"Cheesy much?" She chuckles, letting him take her bag from her, cocking an eyebrow at him as he drops it to the floor instead of lifting it onto his shoulder.

"Only for you, Jordan Plum." He shrugs, sliding his arms around her waist and pulling her in close.

"I doubt that, but I can accept that maybe you're the most cheesy for me." She giggles.

"That might be more accurate." He hums, leaning his head down to rest his forehead against hers, pressing a couple lingering kisses to her lips.

"We should go home." She sighs, tugging at the strings of his hoodie.