Forty

"Is your phone going off or are you really excited to be kissing me again." Jo giggles into Michael's lips as he pushes her back against the kitchen counter.

"I'm pretty sure that's your stomach growling." He laughs, resting his forehead against hers as he pulls away slightly.

"I did play in a playoff basketball game tonight." She shrugs softly, "That feels like years ago though."

"Ya it does." He chuckles, kissing her hard again one more time.

"Okay, so food, sex, and calming your bandmates who are clearly losing their minds, oh and I should probably shower at some point."

"My bandmates can wait, I don't want to hear Luke tell me I'm being stupid yet, he can do that when I get home. Let's maybe work on the rest of those plans though."

"At the same time?" She cocks an eyebrow, amusement written across her face.

"I was thinking shower and sex go pretty well together, and I'm always hungry after." He shrugs, caging her in as he dips his head to kiss her neck softly.

"Mhm..." She leans back slightly, tilting her head away to give his lips more room against her neck.

"Come on." He chuckles, linking his hand through hers, tugging her along with him as he walks backwards, his eyes staying on her as he maneuvers through the space to her room.

"Hey," Jo whispers as they cross the threshold into her bedroom, colliding with Michael's chest, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." He chuckles, his fingers gliding to the edge of her tank-top, lifting it slowly up her torso and tossing it towards the closet once it's free of her body. He pulls his own hoodie and shirt from off as she saunters backwards into the bathroom, smirking at him as she strips the rest of her clothing.

Sliding out of his pants and briefs Michael chases after her, catching her shorts as she tosses them at him with a giggle, stepping into the shower after her as she turns it on. "I haven't smiled this much in weeks." He muses, his hands landing on Jo's waist as she tips her head back under the stream of water, running her fingers through her own hair.

"I'm sorry about that." She frowns, her eyes opening as she rights her neck.

"I know, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, baby. I'm just trying to convey how happy I am to be here with you again." He smiles softly, pulling her into his chest, dipping to kiss her lips.

"I love you, Michael, and I'm so grateful you're here." She reaches up to run her hands through his hair, slicking it back slightly before her hands fall to rest behind his neck.

"Come here." He mumbles, tightening his hands around her waist to pull her closer, dipping to kiss her hard. He slides his fingers up and down her spine as he deepens the kiss, slipping his tongue into her mouth when she takes a small breath, turning her towards the wall and backing her into it. He keeps things slow, kissing her long and hard until he's savored every moment and feeling of her mouth on his again.

"You didn't even let me put soap on my body first." Jo chuckles as he finally pulls away, resting his forehead against hers instead.

"Let me." He whispers, reaching for the bottle on the shelf, half smirking as she gives a nervous nod.

Michael takes his time cleaning every inch of her body, washing shampoo and conditioner through her hair, carving trails of goosebumps across her skin as he decorated it in suds. The simple act of him washing her body leaves Jo trembling and achy for him in a way she never knew was possible.

"Michael." She breathes out, her voice shaking as he cages her into the wall again.

"Yes, kitten?" He smirks as her breath catches at the pet name.