𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

the soft pitter patters of the rain on the glass surface of the windows created a calm and serene ambiance as the two teenagers dried their hair from playing in the rain.

l/n y/n noticed that the rain wasn't planning on stopping anytime sooner- and when it calmed down for just a moment, she decided to bring haitani ran home since it was the nearest from the route that they took.

and now here they were, sitting down cross-legged on the carpeted floor of her room trying to get their body to generate heat since the apartment's heater wasn't working.

purple eyes studied his surroundings, a bit surprised that the place looked livable and presentable despite the outside looking like some sort of drug den- even though he had caught her neighbor popping pills, it was a good environment.

little trinkets lined her window sill, ranging from sea shells to porcelain figures that looked like they came straight from the bottom of the ocean- her bedroom felt cozy yet suffocating at the same time.

it is quite understandable that she'll have such little space to store her things in because of her current living situation- but either some of her trinkets looked old or just plain garbage at this point.

ran didn't question it though, braids undone as his hand weaved the soft cotton towel past his long tresses to dry them up.

the (h/c) haired girl was in the bathroom, taking a quick shower after the male unintentionally drove through a big water puddle on the way there which resulted in their clothes being even more wet and dirty.

he was told to just stay in her room since it was the most interesting part of the house in her opinion- which he took as an advantage as he slowly walked around and looked at the little pictures that were strung on her wall.

from her as a kid, to her as a young adult- her photos varied from her childhood and many places that her mother would take her to when she was able to save up some money for her birthdays.

each one of them holds a significant meaning in her life, that he's aware of. but the dual-hair-colored male couldn't help but wonder why she had no photos with her father- not a single one.

not all families were perfect- and ran knew that because he himself came from a sort of abusive household. and it wasn't the physical type of abuse that he and his brother had to endure no, but it was one that affected their mental health because of their addict of a parent.

but he can clearly tell that y/n wasn't part of some household like he grew up in, he can see that based on how bright her smiles were in all of her photos. it wasn't his place to question where her dad was though, he was merely just curious that's all.

instead of dwelling on that thought, he decided to keep on exploring her shelf of assorted trinkets and books.

ran was never the type to read long-ass books even when people would comment about it having a good plot, not wanting to waste his time reading through pages of words that would hold no significance to him in the end.

fingers skimmed through the lightly dusty shelves, observing her collection of books and albums that were just full of more photos.

he let out a small huff, grinning at a certain photo of the girl holding up her cake when she had turned seventeen- icing smudged on her nose and mouth as friends stood beside her with their faces in the same state.

y/n looked like the type of friend who can easily brighten up even the tensest of situations- as long as she's there, then it'll definitely be alright.

and that's why he adored her so much.