𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐳

if there's one thing that hasn't changed from him, it's his sheer hatred to specific scents- and if given the chance then he'd gladly burn down everything that gave him that sense of nostalgia that he can't seem to escape.

one of which is the strong scent of the incense that wafted through the open space, sighing to himself as he dragged the bag that he was holding up to the all-to familiar monument at the end of the depressing place.

meet haitani ran, one of bonten's top executive and is currently known for being one of the notorious men out there to have a strong hatred to the government- more specifically, the police enforcements.

he wouldn't be like this if it weren't for what happend eleven years ago, wouldn't be where he is now if those shitheads did their job right.

yet here he is, standing in front of the marbled monument that he had built for the one and only l/n y/n.

the man changed over the course of the past decade, changed his views in life and changed how he viewed those people who labeled themselves as society's saviors.

what a joke, really.

but when all is said and done, there is one thing that managed to stick to him for eleven years- and that was his sheer adoration towards the girl in front of him.

ran was grateful that he got himself a good paying job that allow him to build a resting place that fits the woman's personality.

and who would've thought that he'd made her monument right under a sakura tree- one that he used to hate and still does to some extent.

in his belief, it felt just right to transfer her under the blossom tree since sakura's were known to fully bloom in the season of spring- the same season that the gods have given her to him and took her away in a flash.

gone just like that.

oh how ironic and idiotic he is to also visit her during the month of april.

it wasn't his fault that he had just finished his preparations for her big surprise, hauling behind him a large bag that contained everything that he had done that for sure would bring a smile on her face.

if she was here atleast.

purple eyes looked down on the photo that's sitting on the bottom of the monument, a picture of the (h/c) haired girl with a smile on her face- dressed in her usual school uniform.

it's good to know that he isn't going to have a 'talk' with some florists any time soon, noticing the fresh bouquets of (f/c) flowers that were perched on a beautiful porcelain vase that he had gotten her.

"hey... sorry for visiting just now n/n."

even after eleven years passed, the pain that gnaws on his heart was still fresh- like it had just happend yesterday.

"the boss was tiring us out- but hey, it's your anniversary right now so don't go sad on me."

as much as he wanted to tear up, he unfortunately had wasted all of them after mourning for her for more than two years.

the man still does, don't get him wrong- but due to his current line of work, it made it almost impossible for him to show normal emotions like pain unlike the past him who's more open to vulnerability.

if this tree didn't hold any specific importance to him then he would've burned it to it's roots a long time ago- grimacing as the blossoms litter around her monument.

though, he's only here for one thing.

haitani ran began emptying out the bag that he has, putting down stuffed animals from different places and lined them down in front of her framed picture- each plushies holding a significant meaning to the two of them.