HELD AGAINST YOU

"Off to the parrrkk, off to the parrrkkkk, off to the park like Wreck It Ralph!!!"

Elliot sighs as Bella does a dramatic twirl and spins away, pirouetting out of the kitchen in her purple and gold glitter tutu.

"That doesn't even make sense," he mutters under his breath as he spreads peanut butter onto a slice of bread.

I smile, but don't chastise him. Bella's been going strong for twenty minutes now and even I'm fighting annoyance from the barrage of off-tune nonsense she's been singing at the top of her lungs.

"Jellify," he says, passing me the bread once the peanut butter is on.

"This one's yours. Strawberry or grape?"

He gives me a sarcastic look. "There's only one right answer, Sienna."

"Strawberry," we say at the same time, and he grins, reaching for another piece of bread.

It's strange hearing others call me by my name. Clover was a nickname Mom used here and there, but I only really pushed Eli and Bella to call me it once she passed because for one, it reminded me of her, and two... I couldn't be Sienna for obvious reasons—but I can now.

"You sure you're okay with walking to the park?" Luca asks, coming into the kitchen with a large black briefcase in hand.

"Positive. You go, have a good time."

He gives me the same sarcastic look Eli just did and it makes me giggle.

"Work will never be fun, but thanks for the sentiment. I'll be back by 5 and I'll grab supper on my way home." His phone rings and he checks the ID. "It's Thayer," he says quickly. "I'll see you guys later tonight."

We wave goodbye as he answers the phone and heads out to meet up with his partner.

When it's just us and the sandwiches are packed along with some popcorn, bottles of water, and sunscreen, I turn to Eli and grin. "Ready to go?"

He nods enthusiastically. "I've been dying to get out of this house."

"It'll be fun."

"Too bad you can't drive us."

I grimace at the reminder that Luca had taken my driver's license. Even though I had actually gone through driving school and legitimately passed my driver's test, he said it didn't count because the ID was fake and I should never have been allowed to take it at thirteen, let alone actually be behind the wheel.

It was quite the argument between he and I. To be honest, I still don't see what the big deal is. I took all the appropriate actions, the only thing smudged was my age.

"I'm still a very good driver if I say so myself."

Bella pirouettes past the counter. "I love when you drive us! We get to go super duper fast!"

Eli smirks at me as he slings the bag full of goodies over his shoulder. "It just sucks he was being such a douchebag about it. It's not like you don't know how to drive. You may be a stunt double for Too Fast Too Furious, but you know the rules of the road."

I sigh, "That was a point he seemed completely unfazed by. Just because I know how, just because I took the courses and passed the test, doesn't mean it's legal because I wasn't of age."

"You are now though. Can't you just reach out and say they made a mistake with your age?"

"Doesn't work that way I guess."

"Can we go now?!" Bella screeches from the front door where she's impatiently waiting.

"Coming your majesty!" Eli bellows back.