42

Bree is curled in a ball, hugging her legs to her chest with her side leaned in Pietro, who has his arm over her shoulders. She sits completely zoned in on the floor with blank expression on her face.

Her attention is captured by Pietro gently grazing his knuckles along her cheek. She blinks and looks at him before he nods to sideways and she looks at Tony.

"You alright?" He asks and she nods with slightly furrowed brows. "What's wrong?" He nods upwards softly.

"I'm just tired." She shrugs with a quiet voice while rubbing her eye with her fingers.

An instant regret washes over her along with a sudden stabbing pain through her entire body. She shouldn't have said anything. Her voice sounded horrible. She should not have said a single thing.

"Why don't you go take a nap?" He motions towards the elevator and she shakes her head.

A few of them sigh, clearly knowing what's really going on with her. Though, they don't know the half of it. All they can understand is that she is so close to falling off the deep end. Pietro adjusts in his seat and presses his lips to her hair.

Her heavy eyes slowly close as she turns her head to him, just a bit. She quickly opens them with, widened slightly as she tries to keep herself awake. He looks at her eyes as they fade away and he brushes his fingers against her cheek, causing her to look at him.

"Lay down." He whispers and she takes a deek breath.

She rubs her eyes before pushing herself up a bit to be able to lay her head on his lap with her hand under his thigh. He oushes his fingers in her hair to massage her head. It doesn't take long for her to fall, being that she's truly just become exhausted with her mind and body and just doesn't wants to be awake anymore.

"Is she gone?" Pepper asks quietly and he nods.

"How much worse has it gotten?" Tony asks.

"It's only getting worse." He shrugs. "She hasn't had an actual good day in nearly a week."

"Does she seem more distant to you?" Pepper asks with slightly squinted eyes and he nods while turning back to Bree.

Pepper and Tony give each other a quick look before she lowers her head as he rubs his face with a sigh.

"Have you seen her take any kind of medication recently?" He itches his chin.

"Other than stuff for headaches, no." He shakes his head with a small shrug. "Never. She's being quiet and reserved and it's weird." He furrows his brows and Wanda takes his hand for him to hold tight.

"She's going through a rough time." Nat nods softly. "Give her a bit and she'll be back."

"Okay." He takes a deep breath while rubbing up and down her arm. "Yeah, will do."