71

As Bree finishes fixing her hair in the bathroom, Pietro leans on the counter and stares at her through the mirror, having been finished getting ready a good while ago. Her eyes flicker down to his for a moment and she slowly grins a bit while turning to see herself over, making him smile as he stands up straight.

"I'm ready, now." She pulls her sleeves on and he goes to grabs her waists to run her to the common room, but she backs away with her hand up. "I have nice hair, I can't run." She states quickly and he chuckles.

"We're walking?" He raises a brow.

"I am." She nods with a breathy chuckle.

"Okay."

He puts out his hand for her to take and turns off the light to the bathroom, bedroom, and living room lamps, leaving the small light from under the kitchen cabinets on. They go out into the stairwell and he lifts her up onto his back to walk her down the steps.

"So strong." She sings a sigh as a joke and he chuckles.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." She smiles while petting his scruff, making him smile.

He trudges down the steps while she lays her chin on his shoulder, trying her hardest not bury herself in his hold, so that she doesn't mess up her hair. They make it to the right floor and he places her on the steps before he opens the door for her to walk into the common room while he follows behind.

"Oh, Happy American New Year, Superstar." Shuri slides up beside her with a smirk and she instantly smiles brightly.

"Hi!" She greets excitedly and she laughs while pulling her into a tight hug.

"Oh, my God." Ned breathes quietly in the corner, shaking beside Peter and MJ. "A princess and a Stark, this is amazing." He jumps a bit and MJ nods slightly as Peter chuckles. "And there's the king." He adds as T'challa gains a hug as well. "I can't believe this is real."

"I know." Peter nods with wide eyes.

"And you're here everyday." He wacks his arm.

"I know."

Meanwhile, Pietro walks off to find Wanda in this crowd of partygoers, leaving Bree standing alone. That is, until she feels a tap on her shoulder and turns around right away.

"Hey, Kid." Happy smiles softly as her hands fly to her chest with a pout.

"Oh, my God." She pulls him into a hug around his waist. "They didn't tell me shit about who's gonna be here." She breathes humorously and he chuckles. "I haven't seen you since my birthday." She lets him go.

"Well, I'm always around the building." He circles his finger in the air. "Find me if you ever need anything." He shrugs.

"Okay." She nods.

After greeting the rest of the guests, including Scott, Hope, Hank Pym, and Rhodey, Bree heads towards Peter and his happily invited guests.

"Hey, guys." She greets with a big smile and her hands together in front of her. "It's good to see you guys again, all though I didn't really get to meet you." She motions to MJ. "Peter, why don't you introduce me to your new girlfriend?" She tilts her head with furrowed brows and the two chuckle shyly.

"Bree, this is Michelle Jones, or MJ."

"MJ, please." She sticks her hand out and Bree takes it.

"Whatever works for you." She nods before they let go of the handshake. "And Ned Leeds, I know you."

"Hi." He waves excitedly and she chuckles.

"Oh, wow." She breathes with furrowed brows while turning to Peter. "I still cannot believe that you're a senior already, all of you." She motions and he tilts his head. "And, I know, it's been long enough."