022. hurricane

They get out of the SUV and it's nighttime and storming. There's a bunch of people and also a news van. Plumb leads them to one of the tents that are set up.

"Come on. Right here." Plumb orders, pointing at the few metal chairs.

"Sit down. Don't move. We got a lot to talk about." Shoupe states as the group of friends sit down. "Keep an eye on these kids." He tells somebody in an SBI uniform with a rifle.

Erin grabs Zack's hand, intertwining their fingers.

JJ glances down, seeing Brooklyn try to get control of her shaky hands, but failing, while her knee rapidly bounces. JJ reaches over, resting his hand on her knee, getting it to stop.

They listen as the police and SBI are unable to find the Phantom. But soon the power comes back on.

"That's them!" Somebody calls out.

They start to have a boat chase and John B ends up steering to the south -- straight into the storm.

They look up when somebody walks into the tent.

"Brookie. Honey, you're okay." Patrick sighs in relief. JJ feels Brooklyn tense up and he straightens up, his hand on her knee tightening.

"She doesn't wanna see you, man." JJ says.

"Stay out of it, pogue." Patrick glares at the blonde. "Come on, honey. Let's get you out of here." He tells Brooklyn.

"N-no. No, I'm not going anywhere with you." Brooklyn shakes her head.

"Honey, we're just going to a different tent. We'll be with your uncle, it's fine." Patrick says.

"No. No! I am not going with you." Brooklyn states.

"Brooklyn--" Patrick tries to grab her, but Zack holds his arm out in front of the girl as JJ pulls her closer to him.

"She doesn't wanna go, jackass." Zack says.

Patrick clenches his jaw, knowing he can't make a scene.

"I'm coming back." He states, walking out of the tent.

"John B." Ward's voice comes through over the radio. "John B, I know you're there, son. I know you can hear me, and if you love my daughter like I think you love my daughter, then you will turn that boat around and come back."

"You are going into a storm that you cannot survive. John B, please, I will make it right. I promise you. Please, come back. John B, I am begging you. Think of her and turn around."

"Ward Cameron, do you hear me?" John B asks.

"Yes. Yes, son, I'm here. I'm right here." Ward says. "Please bring her back, okay? We'll work it all out when you get home."

"You and your brother killed my father, and you framed me for two murders I didn't commit." Patrick and Ward glance at each other. "You took everything from me! But I'm still here. And I swear to God, Ward, I will come back one day and take what's mine. So, you listen to me, all right? I'm comin' for you. I'm coming for you."

+++

The six are still sitting in the metal chairs, waiting for any news. Erin is resting her head on Zack's shoulder, hugging his arm, and his head is resting on top of hers.

Shoupe and a couple of other cops walk in making the group stand up and meet them halfway, though Brooklyn stands a few feet back.

"Did you find them?" Pope asks.

"No." Shoupe answers.

"So they got away." Kie says.

"We, uh... we lost them." Shoupe states. "I'm sorry."