043. mission impossible

John B parks outside of Tannyhill and they all get out of the Twinkie.

"He's got the truck." Pope whispers.

"Stay low, stay low, stay low." John B whispers, the group ducking a little as they run up to the wall. Brooklyn stands up on her tip toes, just barely managing to see over the wall. They watch Rafe park the truck and go inside the house.

"How much do you wanna bet Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope questions.

"There's only one way to find out." Sarah says, starting to leave. Brooklyn is the first to notice, immediately following her cousin.

"Hey, hey. Wait." John B rushes after them, particularly Sarah.

"What?" Sarah asks.

"Look, before you volunteer on this death mission, I need to know a couple things." John B says.

""Death mission." That sounds familiar." Sarah comments.

"Okay, look, Sarah, I just have questions." John B says.

"About what?" Sarah asks.

"Us." John B states.

"Us?" Sarah questions.

Brooklyn gives John B an incredulous look. The other four by the wall all give similar confused and annoyed looks to their friend.

"Yeah, Sarah, come on." John B says.

"Oh, my God, he's serious." Brooklyn mutters.

"You wanna talk about us right now?" Sarah asks.

"Yes. I-I-- I'm sorry." John B tells her. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm... I'm sorry. And... and I should have said it sooner. I want you to have this back." He takes the small piece of bandana he gave her out. "Will you take it?"

After a moment, Sarah pulls John B into a kiss.

Brooklyn rolls her eyes, throwing her arms up in annoyance.

"Does that answer your question?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah." John B says.

"And, yeah, I want this back." Sarah grabs the bandana and walks off, Brooklyn following.

"Okay. Be safe." John B says.

"Really? Right now?" Brooklyn hisses.

"Shut up." Sarah whispers.

"Hey!" Pope hisses as John B walks back over with a lovesick smile on his face. "Do you want me to perform your vows while you're at it?"

"Okay, I'm all for rom-com-y stuff, but there is a time and place, idiot." Erin whispers.

"There were plenty of other times you could've done that shit, man." Zack comments.

"Did you say "be safe?"" JJ questions.

"Chris, could you take any longer?" Pope heavily sighs.

"I did say "be safe."" John B whispers, the group watching Sarah look inside the truck.

"What are they doing?" Pope asks.

"The keys aren't in there." Sarah whispers to her cousin. "I don't know what to do." She whispers, shrugging to the group behind the wall. "We need the keys."

The boys and Erin motion for the two to come back.

"We're going inside. We'll be fine." Sarah whispers, Brooklyn nodding along.

"No. No. Don't go inside!" Pope pope.

"Don't go inside!" JJ loudly whispers. "You said don't go in the house."