053. parties and truths

The pogues are at the chateau, finally reuniting with John B and Big John. After greeting John B, they all take turns hugging Big John while his son is inside getting beers.

JJ jumps on Big John's back who tries to get him off, the others laughing.

~ ~ ~

"Yeah, yeah, so we, um... we went to the archives in Charleston and, uh... it was-- it was a dead end." John B says. The twins share a look, both able to tell their best friend is lying straight through his teeth.

"A dry hole. So..." John B says.

"So that's the gold, the cross, and now El Dorado." Pope says. "We're three for three, guys." He throws the stick he was holding. "The streak continues." He says, walking off, and Cleo follows him. "That's great."

"See you, John B." Kie says, leaving.

"I'm going fishing. Thanks for the beer." JJ says, walking away.

"I should go, too." Erin says, getting up. "Bye." She holds her hand out to Zack who takes it, letting her drag him off.

"I, uh... I'll see you later." Brooklyn leaves.

+++

Brooklyn sits on the dock, staring out at the water.

"Hey." She turns to the person, immediately rolling her eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" She huffs.

"That any way to greet an old friend?" Cam asks, sitting next to her.

"You mean the same dude who roofied me at the bonfire?" Brooklyn questions.

"Look, I-- I'm sorry about that." Cam says. "I-- I was a pretty shitty person back then."

"It wasn't that long ago." Brooklyn says.

"I know, but... a lot can change in a short amount of time. I mean, you did get stuck on an island." Cam says.

"Right." Brooklyn mumbles.

"Look, I do want to apologize. I'm sorry." Cam tells her.

"Good for you." Brooklyn says.

"You know, uh, there's a party on the Mase. Top and Kelce said that Sarah's going." Cam says.

"Sarah's going?" Brooklyn questions.

"Yep." Cam nods. "Figured maybe you'd wanna come. Especially after finding out she's going."

"If I go, I'm not going with you." Brooklyn states.

"Guess I wouldn't expect you to." Cam says.

+++

"We're back now, we'll make it up. We'll do anything." Zack says.

"We'll scrub boats, clean fish, pump fuel, anything." JJ adds. "We're your guys, except for the bathrooms, cause, see, I got a condition, like a gag reflex comes up."

"Ye-yeah, no, it-- that's genetic. I got it, too." Zack says, nodding.

"Anything else, we're your dudes." JJ says, Zack nodding in agreement.

"I dunno, you two." Billy says.

"You do know, Billy. Come on, it's us, man. It's us. You know we got this. All right? We're your best bets." JJ says.

"You see all those boats out there? Those are kook boats." Billy says. "The kooks pay my bills. You two and your friends aren't exactly trusted by that crowd."

"Yeah, but they're the ones saying that. You know that's bullshit, Billy."

"Perception is reality, brother."