039. foot of the angel

"Guys, listen to this." Pope says. "The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garment of the Savior."

"So, wait, he's saying there's a holy garment inside the cross?" Kie asks.

"Yeah. It says the garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady." Pope says.

"Mmm, yeah. "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well."" JJ says making the others all give him looks. "What? I went to Sunday school."

"Sure." Kie mutters.

"Right." Brooklyn mumbles.

"Well, that explains why Limbrey would want the cross so bad. She thinks it can heal her." Pope says.

"What else does it say?" Kie asks.

""Many feel that we have sinned to steal such a sacred thing, and God will strike His vengeance on us."" Pope reads.

"Thing is, God did have His vengeance." Kie says.

"He sent a hurricane to sink the ship." Pope says. "Only Denmark survived."

+++

They get to Tannyhill and Sarah leads them to the island room.

"This place still freaks me out." John B says.

"Yeah, same." JJ agrees.

"It just depresses me." Brooklyn mutters, remembering all of the happy childhood memories she had before she learned about half of her family is full of psychopaths.

"Pope, look." Sarah says, leading them into the room. They all look around shocked at the drawings that have been uncovered after the wallpaper got ripped off.

"Whoa! You've got to be kidding me." Pope says in disbelief.

"Yeah. I know, right? It's the island room." Sarah says. "It's been here this whole time."

"No freaking way." John B mutters.

"This definitely means something." JJ says.

They look around at the drawings.

"Yo, this is a map of the whole island." John B states.

"Yeah, John B, I think you're right because this is Rixon's right here." JJ points to a part of the map. "And then, there's the lighthouse." He points out the window, the lighthouse being seeable in a distance.

"Guys, look, Parcel 9 and the well." Kie says.

"Okay, so if that's Parcel 9, and then if that's Rixon's, then that's gotta be the surf break at Mase." John B states, him and JJ walking over to a different wall.

"Right. And look." JJ holds up a piece of paper of the diary they made a copy of. "Pope, come here. This is Denmark's handwriting for sure." He says as Pope walks over.

"The drawings. They match up." Pope says.

"Holy shit." John B whispers.

"Denmark, you genius. These are all his drawings. He... he painted this entire room." Pope says.

"Yeah, question is why. What's he trying to tell us?" Kie asks.

"It's got to have something to do with the key, right? Right?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, but what?" Zack asks.

"How did you know to uncover this?" Pope asks Sarah.

"I didn't. It was like this when I got home." Sarah tells him.

"Okay, then who did it?" Kie asks.

"I don't know." Sarah answers.

"The freaks."