032. dangerous night

Zack sits in the passenger seat of the ambulance, the twins waiting for John B to put the plan into action.

"Waiting on your call, John B." JJ mutters. "Come on, buddy."

Zack hears sirens chirp and JJ looks in the rearview mirror to see a cop car pulling up.

"Shit." JJ whispers.

"Well, this is already going so well." Zack remarks.

"Okay, you know what? You didn't have to come." JJ hisses.

"Says the dude who was practically begging me with his eyes. Stupid puppy dog, sad looking eyes." Zack says.

"Well, then, don't be so damn weak,  bro."

Zack hits JJ in the arm. JJ goes to retaliate, but the cop pulls up. The cop turns his car off and the brothers make sure not to look over.

"I hate when it's slow like this, you know?" The cop says.

"Tell me about it, man." JJ says.

"Hey, what happened to Ricky?" The cop asks. "He bang out?"

JJ looks at him and deeply exhales.

"Something like that." He says.

"One three Eddie. We got an unknown at KC Detention." The woman says over the radio. JJ grabs it.

"Uh, yeah, ten-four. I'll be right over. Thank you so much." Zack gives his brother a weird look. "Over." JJ puts the radio back. "Duty calls. We'll see you later, officer. Uh, you have a good night, though, okay?" He turns the truck on.

"Hold up." The cop says. "I got nothing to do. I'll pace you." He turns his car on and flips the sirens on. He drives off, JJ following after.

"Oh, yeah, no, that-- that's great. He's gonna pace us, J." Zack smiles.

"Shut up, dude." JJ tells him.

+++

Sarah and Brooklyn get to Deach's Point around 10PM, getting on one of the boats to try and find Wheezie.

"Hey, yo, Wheeze?" Brooklyn calls out.

"Wheezie?" Sarah calls. "Come on, Wheeze." She mumbles after not getting an answer.

They hear something and start going in the direction it came from.

"Is that you?" Sarah asks, hope and a building excitement in her voice. "Wheeze?" They pass all the stuff on the boat only to find Rafe.

"Nah, not Wheezie." Rafe says.

"Where the hell is Wheezie?" Sarah asks. She grabs onto Brooklyn's hand tightly.

"Don't worry about it." Rafe says. "Listen-- whoa." he says, walking closer to them as they back up a bit. "It's all good. I... I just... I just... I needed to talk to you, like, a little bit. Both of you. I mean, is that okay?"

"Back up." Brooklyn demands.

"Don't come near us." Sarah orders as Rafe starts to walk closer, but stops at her outstretched hand.

"Cause-- cause what you do, Sarah, affects me, okay?" Rafe says. "You don't... you don't think of that, do you?"

"You shot me, Rafe." Sarah reminds.

"That's it, right? It's... it's always my fault, right?" Rafe says.

"You shooting your own sister? Yeah. Yeah, that's definitely your fault." Brooklyn nods.

"But, it's always my fault? Like, uh... you know, I... I wanna keep what's mine, that I got by my work, and I'm the bad guy for trying to... to hold on to it?"