Chapter 7

"You've been dozing off in almost all our classes Bammie. Did you not sleep last night?"

Jackson asked while popping a chip into his mouth. We sat in the back of the lunch room, having a table to ourselves. I was leaning on my elbow and dealing with a small headache from tiredness.

"No, I couldn't rest at all. I just kept laying there as time passed by."

Yeah, like I was going to tell him it was because of writing my love letter, and trying to figure out how to give it to him.

"Oh well that sucks. I couldn't sleep for a while. I fell asleep after two in the morning."

"At least you got rest. What was your reason?"

Jackson threw yet another chip into his mouth before replying to me.

"I uh, took a nap in the day, so it was hard to sleep with energy in me."

I gave a lazy nod, half paying attention. All my mind could really focus on was dozing off. My eyes kept on closing, and my neck would give out from actually going into a state of sleep. My head nearly hit the table as I started to power off yet once again.

"That's it, I'm taking you home early."

I heard Jackson as he came over my side and threw my arm around his neck, lifting me up off the seat and onto my feet.

"No I'm fine. I have a test in biology after this."

I yawned while speaking and trying my best to protest.

"Well you can retake it tomorrow."

He spoke while practically dragging me out of the cafeteria, very few students watching. I walked lazily as we met the courtyard with our steps.

"My house is closer from this exit, so you can rest there."

Jackson picked me up bridal style while informing me. The position shocked me, and I felt nervous to even lean my head on his shoulder. But the sleep was getting to me, and I couldn't help but do so.

"What about my mother? She's going to want to know why I'm not in school."

"I'll just call her as soon as we reach my place, don't worry."

He assured me, walking through the gate of the school and onto a sidewalk. Houses aligned the neighborhood neatly, and it was quiet. Only birds could be heard chirping up in the trees. I tried my best to stay awake; just to enjoy the way Jackson was holding me. It's not like everyday my crush picks me up in such a way.

"You can fall asleep on me if you want. I'll just put you on my bed as soon as we get there."

I heard his soft and calm voice sweetly speak to me.

"I'm stuck between doing just that, or enjoying this calming walk with you."

Those words slipped out of my mouth lazily. I wanted to pull them back in as I was embarrassed, but it was already too late. Jackson held me against his chest tighter, letting a tiny laugh sound in his throat.

"Whatever you want. I don't mind either way."

As much as I wanted to enjoy it, I couldn't. I was way too tired and drained of energy. Eventually, I fell asleep right on his shoulder.

---*

I approached my room door calmly while holding BamBam in my arms. Taking him up the stairs was a little bit of a hassle, but I managed. I pushed my door open with my back, since it wasn't fully closed. BamBam was passed out on my shoulder, and I had to be careful not to hit his head against the wall.