2. Summer In A Bottle

THAT VERY NIGHT, THE WEATHER was still cold but the embrace of the soft fur of her king-size bed kept Nisha warm. It was dark, but not too dark, as the moonlight slipped through the apertures of the window's wooden shutters.

She had suffered the worse for the past few days. A guard attempted to assassinate her; she then fell to a river, nearly drowned, and almost died in starvation and cold. If she closed her eyes, she was afraid all of that would morph into a vicious monster and then haunt her in her nightmares.

However, the sweet smile of the welcoming host eased her worries. He was a kind lord in her eyes. He was skeptical, but generous. His voice was soothing and his icy stare was alluring. He was a sauve lord, and she appreciated deeply what he did for her.

He gave her a huge room, an enticing bath, beautiful dresses, and a delicious meal. His company was even as delightful as his service, and Nisha found herself childishly giggling with the thought. She never mind anymore their rumored reputation, since to her, Lord Ramsay was a gentleman, and an honorable person who she could rely on. As she continued to think about him, her eyes slowly closed, and sleep swept her off, unconsciously hoping to meet him again in her dreams.

__________❄️__________

"I AM WAITING, SIENNA." HE SAID boredly. "I'm getting sleepy. You know I won't let you go until you eat his fucking tongue."

"I'm sorry Lord Ramsay..." Tears and sweat had dried on her cheeks. She was sitting stiffly before the cobbler's decapitated head served in a platter. The skin of his face started to bloat. His eyes had sunk into his skull. His tongue turned to bluish hue. He was beginning to fester and the stench had taken all over the place.

Sienna forced her weak and quivering hands to hold tight her fork and knife as she sliced through the tongue of her lover. There was no flow of blood, for it had dried out. The sliced tip of his tongue clung on the fork which she gripped near her mouth. The scent of the rotting meat drowned her and her stomach began to churn. It was revolting, but it was only her way out.

So, Sienna brought her remaining strength to put the meat in her mouth, eyes closed in disgust. She shivered while she chewed, and she shivered more when she swallowed.

"Very good!" Ramsay clapped in awe. "Now eat the whole thing."

Sienna looked at him in horror. "...What?"

His smile dropped as his voice turned sharp. "You heard me."

She glanced back to her lover's head then to Ramsay. Sienna clutched her stomach, and with her mouth hung open, her gastric juice erupted. The undigested tongue was vomited on the ground.

"Oh well." Ramsay sighed then stood up from his chair. "Seemed like you don't want to have your freedom after all."

Sienna immediately got on her knees then begged. "No, please, my lord!"

"Shhh." He brought his finger to his lips. "I have a guest upstairs."

"Please, my Lord!" Sienna repeated but now in a broken whisper. "Have mercy!"

Ramsay ignored her pleas as he called for his guards. "Strap her back up and put a gag in her mouth in case she screamed. I'll feed her to my hounds tomorrow."

When she heard this, she started to cry loudly. It annoyed Ramsay even more that he ordered his guards to beat her up first to make her stop. However, he did not stay for long.

Sounds of fists striking Sienna's broken body echoed throughout the dungeon while he walked away. It gave him a satisfied grin plastered on his face once he left.