10. Broken Soul

NISHA'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN and saw herself lying on her stomach on a horse with Damos behind her. They were nearing the gates of the Dreadfort, and once they entered the courtyard, her gaze met Myranda. She was standing with three of Ramsay's hounds. Her eyes were blotchy - a hint that tears had passed through them.

Ramsay dismounted his horse and went to her. Nisha watched as he cupped Myranda's cheek gently, then she gasped loudly when he pulled her handmaiden for a long and slow and passionate kiss.

"Thank you, Myranda, for your undoubting loyalty to us Boltons." Ramsay spoke loudly once they pulled apart. Then, his eyes met with Nisha's. "Without your help, we wouldn't be able to find that traitor shepherd boy."  It was clearly for theatrics - one that was supposed to enrage his wife - and it did.

Nisha dismounted from Damos' horse, but because of her weakened state, she fell on the ground instead. Damos did not help her to get up - not even her own husband. She had to do it herself, and once she was back on her feet - ready to attack them both, she burst into tears. Her anger was consumed by her frustrations and forlorn, that she just stood there, crying like a little child.

"I trusted you, Myranda. I trusted you!"

Her handmaiden broke free from Ramsay. She hastily stepped closer, her hands were reaching to her. "I'm sorry! I...I didn't mean for this to happen! I swear!"

Nisha winced from Myranda. "I thought you changed."

"I did... please believe me."

"No. You betrayed me once, now you betrayed me twice. I would be foolish to believe you again."

"Mi'lady, please..." Myranda's hands gripped her wrists, a desperate attempt to persuade her.

But Nisha was done. She was so done.

"Get away from me."

"No, please, please listen! I-"

"I said GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Nisha was hitting her frantically, but Myranda was hugging her tightly, never letting go. "No! Mi'lady, please!"

Ramsay watched the two in amusement. Never had he expected to see them to be dramatically involved with each other. He knew that Myranda despised his wife, but somehow, she began to adore her overtime and it became such a nuisance, because it meant that her loyalty was now divided.

He signaled Damos to tear them apart. He wanted to end their ruckus. It was starting to aggravate him.

"Lock my wife in our chamber."

Damos nodded, then began to drag her with him. However, Nisha punched him in the face. It broke his nose and blood immediately flowed. She almost escaped, but Damos was quick to pull her back by her hair. He was about to carry her, though her strange expression stopped him. She looked like she was about to pass out - but before that, she barfed. Her gastric juices ejected in the air then splattered on his face, his blood and her vomit mixing together. Then after that, she fell unconscious again.

"You reckless shit." Ramsay scolded his guard. "Look what you've done. You pulled her too hard."

_____________❄️_____________

HIS VISION WAS CLAD IN BLACK, but he could hear what's going on around him. There were metals clacking, and voices, familiar voices - singing with Skagosi accent.

"Watchers in the night
A dying candle flame
Soldiers for the fight
But one is not the same

They must not know her name