The War Zone

Eddie crept around in the most graceful way you'd ever seen him move. He tripped very little, and actually managed to hide himself pretty well. He led you through the trailer park, weaving in and out of small yards and around cars. He motioned for you to freeze, hidden behind a trailer home that looked somewhat similar to his. You had a hard time taking him seriously, since he was wearing a Halloween mask, but you didn't dare make a snide comment to him. Not when he was this focused. You could practically see the tip of his tongue between his lips whenever he looked back to make sure you were following him. For a moment, you imagined all the things his  tongue could do, but the group was moving again so it was time to follow. Eddie led you around the side of an RV home, shoving the window open and climbing inside. Steve locked his fingers together and sent you up and through as well, landing next to the Halloween mask that had been discarded on the couch before quickly following Eddie to the front. Steve and Robin approached as well, intently watching what Eddie was doing. He greeted you with a breathless, "That was suffocating."

He pulled out the tool bag he grabbed from Max's house, sitting in the drivers seat. Something about it looked familiar, and as soon as you spotted the big "B" written in Sharpie on the side, you swallowed harshly and returned your attention to Eddie. As he pulled wires from under the dashboard, you asked him: "Where did you learn how to do this?"

He smiled, but it wasn't sincere. "Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire." You watched his fingers as they expertly moved, twisting and stripping corresponding wires while holding tools between his teeth. It almost made you kiss him right then and there. Almost.

"Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did," Eddie continued, that unamused smirk reappearing as he drew out his words. "But now, I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

Robin spoke next. "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." Eddie smirked at her, looking over his shoulder as he spoke.

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker," he muttered. "Harrington's got her, don't ya big boy." All three of you fell silent for a moment, before Eddie turned and sparked the wires, effectively starting the engine. Up Around the Bend blared through the speakers, startling everyone inside the RV, and out. The owners ran up to the window, banging on it and diminishing Eddie's mischievous grin. He leapt from the drivers seat and plopped on the couch next to Lucas, head banging wildly as Steve muttered:

"It's just a car. Everybody hang onto something!" He threw it into gear and maneuvered the motor home in a haphazard way, taking out trash cans and destroying the awning that hadn't been retracted before our takeoff. Dustin yelled from the back, telling Steve to drive before calling out to nobody in particular.

"Shit, they look pissed." The couple you stole the RV from followed you closely, their rage written all over their faces.

"It's not every day you lose your house and your car in one fell swoop," Robin said, ignoring Eddie's erratic behavior behind her. You watched from your seat, amused at his self-entertainment.

"Hold on! Hold on!" Steve yelled, swerving to the right and running over more trash cans.

Things settled down as we hit the road out of town. Lucas sat next to Max in the back, talking softly. Nancy took her spot next to Steve in the passenger seat. Steve eventually gained control over the big machine, driving like he normally does. He and Nancy eventually fall into a soft-spoken but serious conversation. You butted out of it, turning to glance at Robin's sleeping figure in the chair. Then, you looked at Eddie as he sat, quietly now, on the small couch behind Steve, staring at his hands. You plopped yourself next to him, joining his gaze.