Chapter 5 - Dinner

*Third Person's POV*
The next morning...

Both girls groaned at the loud alarm that echoed in the room, coming from Lisa's phone. Though the couch was small and they were sleeping very congested, they slept peacefully. While Jennie has never felt this cozy in her life for the past few years, Lisa's heart and soul felt warm. Lisa's head was on the handrest, and Jennie's head was on Lisa's chest. The tall girl's hands were wrapped protectively around Jennie, while the latter's hand gripped onto Lisa's hoodie.

The alarm rang again after snoozing, making the girls twist and turn, then slowly open their eyes and finally realize the position they were in. Both of them quickly retreated to both ends of the couch, not being able to look at each other. To say that the situation was awkward would be the understatement of the year. Their faces were red like cherries, and they felt shy. Occasionally, they glanced at each other, but only to find the other person looking at them too, which made them immediately look away. A few more minutes later, the alarm went off again.

Lisa mentally cussed and phished out her phone to dismiss it, only to realize that she had classes.

"Shit! I am late." Lisa shouted, getting up from the couch. That's when Jennie also remembered her job.

"Dammit! Me too." Jennie said, getting up as well.

Both of them turned here and there but didn't take a single step to move.

"So...." Lisa spoke.

"So?"

"I– I will see you... in college?"

Jennie nodded. She was about to speak when...

"I should go. Bye." Lisa said and rushed out. But before disappearing from Jennie's sight, she stopped for a second and said, "Take care."

"You too." Jennie whispered to the air.

*Jennie's POV*

God! It was so embarrassing.

Jennie, you idiot! How can you fall asleep on her like that?

But I have to admit, I haven't slept like that in ages. Lisa is warm. She makes me feel so secure. The way her eyes look at mine, the way she gritted her teeth to control her anger, the way her fingers caressed my skin. It's all so surreal. I was blushing unconsciously. When I was getting ready, when I was eating, and even while driving; the only person who occupied my thoughts was her. I wore a scarf since I had to cover up my neck as she suggested.

I wanted to give her a lift to repay her kindness, but I guess she left before me since no one answered her door.

I mostly have the second hour in her class, and I have never really looked forward for the time to pass in my whole life. When I got to her class, my eyes were unconsciously searching for her, and I found those dark brown orbs already staring back at me. Her lips were curved into a small smile, and she looked really beautiful, even though she was dressed like a North Korean soldier. Her black hair, the bangs that cover her broad forehead, that cute mole on her neck. And I can still feel her scent on me.

Okay, Jennie! Stop hovering over your student and start your class.

I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I can't stop myself around her. I don't know what it is about her, but it's like a spell. I should really stop. She's my student and nothing more.

Somehow, I managed to get through the hour. Her eyes were on me all the time. Sometimes she'd smile ear-to-ear — I don't have any idea what's going on inside that small head of hers.