94) So Tired

Annabeth Gish as Sheriff Althea Jarry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mia
"We took care of your internal problem," Jax informed Tyler, who stood before our line of bikes. "Chester won't be making noise no more."

I sat with my legs on either side of the bike, Jax and Chibs on either side of me. Chibs had tried to talk to me after the meeting with Jarry at Diosa but we'd had to update Tyler.

"I appreciate that," He nodded, wringing his hands together. "Some of my crew, they're gonna get very nervous when that word gets out."

"Yeah, but the rest are going to be very loyal," Chibs' Scottish accent growled out.

"You need to weed out the nervous ones," Tig advised. "We don't want to do this again."

Tyler's brows deepened, his face morphing into one of confusion. "How do I do that?" He turned to Jax, clearly at a loss.

Jax pursed his lips, eyes lowering in thought before he turned to me, Tyler's gaze following. Leaning forward on the handlebars of my bike, I splayed out my hands. "Why don't you have someone you trust to put out the word that Chester is gathering up anyone who wants to see a change in leadership? Say he's meeting out of town in Stockton, the old Creme Club on Winchester at four o'clock."

My husband's brows rose but he looked up at Tyler. The Black man nodded once. "I can do that."

Sitting back, I smiled at the nervous man. I hadn't seen him radiating this much anxiety since Laroy was killed and Tyler was put into power. "We're all in this together now."

The leader of the One Niners grinned in return, glancing at the President. "I'm good with that. I'll put in the call with August, tell him about our little renegade problem."

Chibby's phone began to ring as Jax got off his bike and embraced Tyler, the Scotsman walking off to take the call. I glanced down the line of bikes, Tig's eyes on Tyler heading back to his guys, while Happy stared down at the stickers on his bike, running his long, tanned, ringed fingers over them.

Jax turned to me and I smiled up at him. "He likes you, you know. Trusts you."

"I must not be teaching him very much if he trusts so easily," He mused, leaning against my bike.

"Well, you two have been working together for a while," I shrug. "He looks up to you, Jax. That's something."

The two of us watched each other for a beat, the silence stretching thin. Unable to hold my gaze, he looked down at his shoes but Chibs returned, saving him. He was shaking his head, an annoyed scowl on his face. "That was the DPO, my parole officer needs to see me."

"What for?" Tig asked.

Filip shook his head. "I don't know. Just left a message to be at the diner across from their office in an hour."

"Bullshit check-in," Hap growled out, glancing at Jax. "D.O.C. cracking down."

"Go, handle it," The President nodded at his SAA, trusting him to get it done. "We're heading back to Red Woody."

...

Chibs returned, looking like he'd seen a ghost. Every member of the club, except Rat and Montez, piled into the office and he leaned against the desk, looking tired. "It wasn't the DPO. It was Juice."

"Juice?" I echoed, not expecting him to say anything like that.

"He had Unser at gunpoint in the diner and made him call in a favour to get me down there alone. Juice wanted to talk to me. He wanted to know if there was a way back into the MC."