110) Ate A Lemon

Ft. Alexander 'Tig' Trager

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mia
Diosa was in the process of being restored. From sex toys, ropes and other kinky equipment to alcohol and cocktail glasses. Boxes of the stuff were piled throughout the freshly refurbished foyer.

Nero placed two cups of coffee on the bar before us. "It's good to see you. You two have kind of been M.I.A."

I made the mistake of glancing at Jax, who was already smirking in my direction. My cheeks burned red and I tried to cover my face with my coffee mug. "Blowing off steam," Was Jax's answer.

Nero smiled softly, knowing exactly what that meant as he glanced between us. "How's your crew holding up?"

"Haven't seen them much, but," Jax sighed. "It's brutal. Bobby was... We all leaned on him, you know?"

"Not quite sure what SAMCRO looks like without him," I added.

"Yeah, it really rocked Gemma," Nero leaned against the bar, looking like he wanted to say something he probably shouldn't. I braced myself for whatever was about to come out of his mouth next. "I've tried to bring this up a few times but with everything going on," He shrugged apologetically. "I'm serious about selling my piece."

"I know," Jax nodded. "But the club's not in a place where we can do that right now."

"I figured as much, so I've been talking to Alvarez," My attention peaked. "He's got the cash and it's not like you two can have a falling out too easily. Oso and his crew will run the house in Stockton."

"You made this deal behind my back?"

"No," Nero calmly shook his head. "Just exploring my options, nothing's set in stone."

I inclined my head, analysing him. "Is this about your uncle's farm?"

"Yeah, it's time. But I ain't dropping out," He reassured. "I'll be around to make sure the transition works. I need you to know that this ain't about you and me."

"I know," Jax sipped his coffee. "And Alvarez is a good pick."

"Well," Nero rolled his eyes. "You kind of didn't leave me with many options."

We chuckled, noting the awkward truth of his words. "I guess," Jax continued. "I'm not ready to lose my partner."

The relationship between the pimp and the president had turned into a close friendship and mentor-like situation. "I'm going to be around," The pimp reiterated. "I love Gemma and I'm hoping that, uh, she comes down and spends a little time with me. Your boys too."

My head snapped up to look at him so quickly, Jax jumped slightly. Nero swallowed, watching me warily but continued. "Lucius will be there too. It's quiet and safe. Might be a nice little escape for them."

"My sons aren't going anywhere without me."

"You can come too," Nero said hesitantly, eyes darting to Jax. I was welcome to come with him but Jax and the violence he brought with him couldn't.

Before I could think about that, another door within the building opened and closed, and a leggy blond came strutting out of the corridor. She sashayed her hips and flicked her platinum locks, giving us a little wave as she walked out the door. Rat came out a moment later, his eyes finding us and a sheepish expression falling over his face.

The three of us raised our brows and he slowly made his way over to the bar, taking the seat on my other side. I placed my untouched cup of coffee in front of him. "Here."