Chapter 87

-

"Oh, damn." Jay breathed as we walked into the deserted camp.

I stepped over the dead soldier's body and scanned the area, counting the dead Easton soldiers. I slowly walked over to a makeshift tent, eyeing the blood stains on the side of it.

I slowly entered the tent with the barrel of my rifle going in first. I lowered my gun once inside, finding no one in it.

"Jess!" Daryl yelled.

I quickly darted out the tent, finding Daryl waving aggressively at me.

"What?" I asked, running over.

"He's on the boat!" Tracy yelled, her voice echoing from the distance.

"What? What boat?" I asked Daryl, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Come on!" He ordered as he began running down a small trail.

My eyes widened as a we ran upon a small bass boat with Rick lying in it halfway unconscious.

"Rick!" Abraham yelled as he reached the dock first.

"Oh God." I breathed as I ran onto the dock.

"Come on, bud. Get up." Abraham ordered as he sat Rick up before pulling him out of the boat and onto the dock.

"Rick!" I quickly dropped to my knees beside him, eyeing the blood stains all over his skin and clothes.

"Rick, can you wake up?" Abraham asked after feeling his pulse.

I quickly jumped back while Rick's arms flailed around as he come to full consciousness.

"It's me, it's me." I repeated as I placed my hands on his cheeks.

Once his bloodshot, weak eyes met mine he immediately stopped fighting us.

"Are you hurt?" I asked, as he sat up with our help.

"No." He muttered as he placed a hand to his head and winced in pain.

"Liar." I mumbled as I stood up onto my feet.

"Did you do all this?" Abe asked him.

"I had help." Rick grumbled.

"Rick, you gave us quite the scare." Tracy stated as she stepped forward.

"We need to get out of here." Daryl announced.

"Let's go." I ordered as we all began walking off of the dock.

Thank God.

"What happened to your wrist?" I asked Rick after noticing the bloody bandage wrapped around his wrist.

"We removed our chips." Jay answered for him.

"I thought you couldn't—"

"Turns out it was bullshit. We got them decoded." Tracy stated.

"I'm glad you're okay." I told Rick as I briefly glanced at him.