Chapter 122

-

Thunder rumbled in the sky as I continued walking down the trail to search for Negan. I spun around with my rifle aimed, hearing a stick break from behind me only to find Negan approaching me.

"Real smart, Tolliver. Get distracted and get fucked up." Negan snapped while walking up to me.

"Don't ever fucking sneak up on me." I spat while lowering my gun.

"You good?" He asked while his eyes scanned over me.

"Just fine." I snapped while briefly studying him for any visible injuries.

"What happened back there?" He questioned.

"They're dead. All three of them." I answered quickly.

"Let's go." He ordered while walking ahead of me.

I briefly closed my eyes and exhaled the air I didn't know I was holding while feeling relieved Negan was okay. I glanced back from the direction I came, wishing that I could've helped Kylie.

"There's a cabin down by the creek. Probably a mile from here. I think we can make it before the storm hits." I told Negan as I jogged to catch up to him. He nodded his head while briefly glancing down at me.

After about twenty minutes of walking in silence, we arrived at the cabin. I raised the doormat and took the key before pushing it into the doorknob while the rain began to pour down.

Once inside, I immediately felt my stomach drop as I remembered the last time I was here.
With Rick.

"Didn't know this was here." Negan stated while locking the door behind him.

"Daryl cleaned it up. Stays here when he's hunting." I muttered while dropping my bag by the door.

"Guess we're here for the night." He mumbled while sitting down on the couch.

I bypassed him and entered the bathroom before closing the door behind me. I gripped the sink with my hands and looked down while trying to shake the panicked feeling that was ravaging inside of me.

I inhaled deep breaths before looking into the mirror at my reflection. I furrowed my eyebrows as my eyes landed on the Hello Kitty bandaid, forgetting that Negan even placed it on my cut. I ripped the bandaid off of me before tossing it onto the sink and taking another deep breath.

After calming myself down, I left the bathroom and walked to the couch where Negan was still seated.

"Hello Kitty, really?" I asked while looking down at him.

I narrowed my eyes as he leaned back on the couch and didn't respond to me.

"Why are you different today?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"I'm not." He answered.

"Okay." I scoffed while shaking my head.

I entered the bedroom and pulled my flannel off before peeling the covers back to check for any bugs or anything else I didn't want crawling on me. I placed my holster on the nightstand and unbuttoned my jeans before peeling them off of my legs.

Sighing, I sat down on the bed before pulling the quilt over me. I reached under my shirt and unclasped my bra before sliding it down my arms and pulling it out from under my shirt.

I lied down and looked up at the ceiling as my body settled on the mattress while Negan's footsteps moved around in the living room.

I tossed and turned while trying to figure out why he was pushing me away all of a sudden. I haven't given him a reason to.