Chapter 118

-

I jolted from my unconscious state, feeling a hand pat my cheek repeatedly along with orders to wake up.

"Drink this." Daryl ordered while handing me a canteen full of cool water.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I began shivering.

"Still inside trying to find you medicine." He answered while holding Magnolia with one arm.

I looked to my arm, finding that the inflammation was spreading up to my elbow and down to my hand. I sighed as Daryl leaned in and pressed the back of his hand to my forehead.

"I'm gonna turn." I told him while looking to his eyes.

"No you're not." He replied while returning outside of the vehicle.

"Don't let me turn. Please." I begged while beginning to feel extreme paranoia.

"You're not going to." He stated while turning his back to me.

I looked to the hospital, feeling extremely anxious as we waited for everyone to make it out even though the threats inside were gone.

"They need to get their asses out of there. Easton's military is on their way." Daryl told me while looking down at me.

"What is that?" I asked while squinting my eyes at the movement down at the road.

"Oh shit." He mumbled while focusing on it.

"Is that a herd?" I questioned while he grabbed his rifle and scoped it in.

I watched as he sat his rifle down in the passenger seat before sitting down and grabbing the walkie.

"Get your asses out of there! There's a herd on their way from the road behind the hospital." Daryl ordered into the walkie.

Silence.

"Anyone copy?" He asked while looking to the hospital.

"Shit." He cussed while starting the truck.

"We're heading out." Rick replied. I sighed and looked to the doors, waiting impatiently for them to exit.

I scooted over as Rick, Negan, and Glenn all exited the hospital and ran for the truck. Glenn hopped in beside Rick while Daryl got in the passenger before Negan pressed the gas and flew down the back road.

"Where does this go?" Rick asked me while drawing up a syringe of Penicillin.

"Just put it in my hip." I ordered while moving so he could get easier access to inject the medication into my body.

After several minutes of driving, the truck began sputtering before quitting all together.

"You got to be kidding me!" Glenn yelled.

"Damn it." Negan cussed while hitting the dash with his hand.

"Let me see." Glenn mumbled while getting out and circling to the front of the truck along with Daryl.

"What happened to Olen and Kelly?" I asked Rick as I leaned against the door.

"I took care of them." He answered while glancing to my eyes.