|10|

Daily quotes:
_____________
"People raised on love see things differently than those raised in trauma"
_____________

After ensuring Jimin was okay and feeling a sense of relief that he was fine, Jungkook decided to take him home.

"Jungkook, you don't have to worry," Jimin said, a warm smile gracing his lips as he watched Jungkook's excited rush towards the car.

"I said you're coming with me, and that's final," Jungkook declared again, opening the car door and making sure Jimin was comfortable before settling in himself, his happiness evident, unable to hide the joy he felt.

"Where are your mom and dad?" Jungkook inquired, eager to meet Jimin's parents.

He didn't exactly know why, but he would do anything to spend more time with his boyfriend.

"I don't know, she's gone," Jimin replied, the smile still on his lips, but there was a melancholy in his eyes as he looked outside the window, avoiding making eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook's smile immediately faded upon hearing this sad news.

He cleared his throat, trying to keep his emotions in check, not wanting to say anything that might deepen Jimin's sadness or trigger painful memories.

Curiosity overwhelmed him, and a question slipped out of his mouth, his voice trembling with uncertainty, "Like... you mean dead?"

Jimin nodded solemnly in agreement. "Do you want to go see her?" Jungkook questioned, hopeful that it might bring a semblance of comfort to Jimin.

Maybe visiting her would alleviate some of Jimin's pain.

Jimin's eyes sparkled with a flicker of joy and a glimmer of happiness at Jungkook's offer.

"Really? You'll take me to the hospital?" Jimin asked, his excitement tinged with confusion, confusing Jungkook.

"Why the hospital? I meant the mortuary," Jungkook clarified.

"I don't know where she is buried," Jimin muttered, his wide smile evaporating instantly.

He turned away, staring out the window, unwilling to explain further to Jungkook.

An awkward silence settled in the car once more.

"We have arrived," Jungkook announced, trying to brighten the mood with a smile directed at Jimin.

"This isn't my house," Jimin stated, perplexed, looking at the fast-food store in front of him.

"I know," Jungkook replied with a smile, offering Jimin a hint of mystery in his eyes.

As he descended from the car, Jungkook lingered, contemplating if Jimin would like to join. "Wanna come along?" he asked, concern lacing his words.

"No, I'm good," Jimin reassured him, a slight smile adorning his face, masking the emotional whirlpool within.

Jungkook smiled back, acknowledging Jimin's choice, and made his way to the store.

A few minutes later, he returned, carefully balancing two milkshakes.

Opening the car door, he noticed Jimin seemingly asleep. "Sleeping?" he softly cooed, charmed by Jimin's innocence.

After a while, he started the engine, embarking on the journey to take Jimin home.

In truth, Jungkook didn't know Jimin's address. He could have found out, but he decided against it.

He wanted to take Jimin to his house, to share a part of his life with him.