Chapter 10: Calvary Battle

[Previously]

"Allow me to explain. Participants will form groups of two to four people according to their own preferences. It's similar to any other playground game in theory. However, there is one crucial distinction. Based on the results of the obstacle course, each player has been assigned a point value." With a flick of her hand, Midnight displayed the point values on the screen.

The points were distributed in increments of five. The last-place finisher received five points, while the first-place winner held the highest value—a staggering ten million points. All eyes turned to Izuku, shooting him with intense glares. It was evident that if they could acquire his points, they would secure their advancement to the next round.

[Sports Festival Arc] Calvary Battle

Izuku scanned the arena, searching for potential allies. However, with 10 million points on his head, he found himself in an incredibly difficult situation. No one seemed willing to work with him. Shoto and Momo had already partnered up, as had Hitoshi and Itsuka. It was understandable that they would refuse to join his team. After all, being around him posed a significant risk.

"Hey, you!" a female voice called out to Izuku. He turned to see Mei Hatsume standing there, accompanied by Ochaco. Mei spoke up, "Wanna partner up with us?" Her question caught his attention, and he hesitated for a moment, weighing his options. Joining their team wasn't really a request, and Izuku couldn't object given his circumstances. Tokoyami was the last person to ask. And just like that, Izuku had assembled his team.

Team Kayama consisted of Izuku Kayama, Mei Hatsume, Ochako Uraraka, and Fumikage Tokoyami.

Meanwhile, the other teams were forming as well:

Team Tetsutetsu: Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Juzo Honenuki, Yosetsu Awase, and Ibara Shiozaki.

Team Bakugo: Katsuki Bakugo, Eijiro Kirishima, Mina Ashido, and Hanta Sero.

Team Todoroki: Shoto Todoroki, Tenya Ida, Momo Yaoyorozu, and Kyo Hizuru.

Team Aizawa: Hitoshi Aizawa, Mezo Shoji, Itsuka Kendo, and Tsuyu Asui.

Team Hagakure: Toru Hagakure, Kyoka Jiro, and Denki Kaminari.

Team Monoma: Neito Monoma, Kosei Tsuburaba, Sen Kaibara, and Kyori Hosaka.

Team Ojiro: Mashirao Ojiro, Nirengeki Shoda, Yuga Aoyama, and Shihai Kuroiro.

Team Kurono 1: Sayoko Kurono, Reiko Yanagi, Setsuna Tokage, and Kinoko Komori.

Team Kurono 2: Yui Kurono, Kojiro Bondo, and Manga Fukidashi.

Team Rin: Hiryu Rin, Jurota Shishida, and Pony Tsunotori.

"What approach should we take, Kayama-san?" Tokoyami asked, hoping that Izuku wouldn't be reckless with those points.

"Well, considering I have the highest point count in the entire arena, I can't simply go around flaunting it. I suggest we play defensively this time. Don't worry, I'll lead us to the finals," Izuku said, flashing a small smile.

"Alright, the teams have been formed!" announced Midnight. "Now, it's time to begin!"

The eleven teams stood together outside the great square, ready to face the challenges ahead.

...

"Tetsutetsu, no hard feelings, right?" Monoma asked, a friendly smile gracing his face.

Tetsutetsu mirrored his expression, raising his fist in agreement. "Absolutely not!"

"Perfect," Monoma nodded, a spark of determination gleaming in his eyes. "Together, let's prove to Class A the unwavering strength we possess."