Chapter 101: A Disposable Life

[Previously]

His body was searing with pain from the burns inflicted by one of Sunfire's devastating attacks.

'They have no clue... They don't know that I'm still here, still in this fight!'

[All for War Arc] A Disposable Life

Nezu's gaze remained fixated on the data reader, the lines of information streaming across it. Power Loader, positioned nearby, mirrored Nezu's actions with his own data.

"He hasn't moved in a while," Nezu observed. The flow of data from the device attached to Hitoshi Aizawa's costume had dwindled from a steady stream to a mere trickle.

Power Loader grunted, his attention divided between the data and the radio broadcasting the news. The situation in the ongoing battle was deteriorating. "...it appears a massive dust cloud is forming over Iwate... It's uncertain if everyone has been fully evacuated..."

"I should be out there," Power Loader muttered, a hint of frustration in his voice.

"But this could be even worse," Nezu countered, his analytical mind absorbing the information from the code almost instantly. He didn't break his gaze from the data, fully aware of the gravity of the situation. "We have no idea what we're up against in this scenario."

Simultaneously, both of them gasped. The data had experienced a massive spike.

The lights in the lab flickered, causing Power Loader to gulp nervously. He looked up at Nezu, sweat trickling down his neck. "What just happened?"

Nezu's fur stood on end, a clear indication of his unease. His voice dropped to a hushed and hurried whisper. "Something's here," he revealed. "Not here in the school, but... here, on Earth. Something has just... arrived."

The data displayed more dramatic spikes, followed by a sudden and horrific drop.

"Did the boy just die?" Power Loader blurted out, his words filled with concern.

"No," Nezu replied with authority. "Death wouldn't manifest like that. He's... he's..."

The laboratory doors burst open with such force that they threatened to tear off their hinges. Power Loader spun around in anger. "Hatsume, we're having a private meeting in he--"

To his surprise, it was All Might who stumbled inside, gasping for breath. "Principal!" he wheezed, his expression more frantic than Nezu had ever seen. "It's... it's..."

"Toshinori!" Nezu swiftly descended from his stool. "Take deep breaths! We must act swiftly!"

"It's ISAAC! We were watching the news, and I got so engrossed that... he was gone. He took my... he took my car. He's going to engage in a fight."

"Marvelous," Power Loader remarked sarcastically. "What's our plan?"

"You'll have to take one of the school cars and pursue him," Nezu replied, striding towards the lab's exit. "And we need to expedite our defensive operation. Power Loader, instruct the robots to activate the protocol. The time to act is now."

"But the battle is happening so far away..." Power Loader hesitated.

"It has the ability to relocate instantaneously. A new enemy has emerged on the battlefield," Nezu's thoughts churned, and he noticed his paws trembling when he glanced down.

All Might sank to his knees. "I have failed."

...

Isaac anxiously changed lanes, his face drenched in sweat as he frantically peered into the rearview mirror. The simple act of driving seemed daunting, and a bitter laugh threatened to escape his lips. "I'm going to die before I even have a chance to help! Which side should I choose? Keiko's or Izuku, and Liliya's?"