Chapter 96: A Quiet Beginning

[Previously]

Roki panted heavily, raising a hand to indicate they needed a moment to catch their breath. "It's... It's Aizawa and the Zenins."

All eyes in the room fixated on Roki. "They've done it... they've sealed Kayama."

[Perfect Preparation Arc] A Quiet Beginning

"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others." - Aristotle

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

"You've got to be kidding me," Hiyoriko muttered, her gaze fixed on the phone she held in her hands. She clicked her tongue in annoyance before slipping the phone into her pocket and powering it off.

'That damn Izuku,' she thought, sinking back into her chair. A surge of anger threatened to rise within her, but she managed to suppress those emotions.

Taking a deep breath, Hiyoriko calmed herself and reflected on Izuku's past teachings. Amidst her newfound composure, a single question dominated her thoughts.

"What should I do?" she mused, contemplating what Izuku would want her to do. He had mentioned his intention to confront Hitoshi and some members of the Zenin clan, but he hadn't expressed much confidence in their chances of victory.

The realization fueled her anger.

Why couldn't she accompany him? Did he consider her a liability in battle?

The hurt welled up inside her.

Nevertheless, Hiyoriko took Izuku's teachings to heart. She knew that recklessly diving into danger was irrational and required careful consideration.

'You taught me things that you don't even follow,' Hiyoriko thought, furrowing her brow as she examined her palm.

'If I want to free him, I'll have to formulate a plan,' she sighed, frustrated by the notion. Impatience tugged at her, urging her to rush to Yuuei and attempt a hasty rescue without a concrete strategy.

But she understood better than to act impulsively. She wasn't Izuku.

'They had successfully sealed him, indicating that they must have devised a clever plan to lure him into their trap,' Hiyoriko contemplated, shaking her head.

"What an arrogant boyfriend I have," she muttered, rising from her seat, prepared to exit the room.

"What an arrogant boyfriend we have," Toga corrected, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed. "Izuku has repeatedly advised me to be civil with you. I'm not doing this to help you; I'm doing it for him."

Hiyoriko nodded in acknowledgment.

FOWL had located Hiyoriko the previous day and had taken up residence at the Kayama household for the duration of their stay. They trained diligently, fulfilling Hiyoriko's request.

Hiyoriko didn't have a concrete plan yet.

However, she knew that she and Himiko would come up with one in due time. While her intelligence may be overshadowed by Izuku's, she possessed enough acumen to devise a strategy of her own.

...

"How are you feeling?" Shota inquired, delving into Katsuki's emotions in an attempt to gather insights into his thoughts.

"He has been sealed, locked away for all eternity," Katsuki replied, his gaze meeting Shota's with a hint of glare, reflecting his words.

"I'm relieved... yet at the same time, I feel pitiful, maybe even furious," Katsuki continued, responding to the question with a sharp tone. Shota detected a trace of aggression seeping through his voice.