Chapter 28: Partners

[Previously]

Kyo rushed over to Izuku to check on him, hearing the boy sniffling. For the first time in twelve years...

Izuku Kayama was crying.

[Training Camp Arc] Partners

The Exodus Rules

Rule #1 - No Emotion

Rule #2 - No Emotion

Rule #3 - No Emotion

First Responders.

Hanta Sero dashed out of the building after Kirishima, eager to see what was going on. "Kirishima! Sero!" Ida called after them, but they didn't respond.

Ambulances and fire trucks were gathered outside in the clearing. Drones darted across the skies, dousing the trees below with water. The two youngsters came to a sudden stop, their jaws dropping in astonishment.

"Is... What's..." Kirishima struggled to speak.

Hanta's eyes widened as he scanned the perimeter of the clearing. He noticed Kyori, Class B's president, dragging Tetsutetsu and a short blonde boy wearing a partially destroyed gas mask. He observed Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, and several other Class B kids emerging from a different route.

Aizawa led another group out. Hanta's pupils dilated. Yui, one of the girls he had met earlier, answered the phone while supporting an unconscious Ibara Shiozaki.

Hanta hurried over to them, catching Aizawa's attention. "Sero, step back," he said firmly. "These students need medical attention."

Hanta froze and locked eyes with Yui. "She...?" he stammered. The black-haired girl blinked at him. "She's still alive. They're all alive for now."

"Oh, my god..." Kirishima's voice trembled behind him.

Hanta turned around. Jiro and Hagakure were being loaded onto the ambulance, both unconscious.

Hanta squeaked. "Aizawa-sensei..."

"Get inside," their teacher said brusquely.

Hanta took a step back after exchanging another glance with Yui. He redirected his gaze to Kirishima. Ojiro and Kendo had just rushed out behind them. "Is it over?" Ojiro asked.

Kirishima clenched his fists, tears shimmering in his eyes.

Ochako watched as Izuku forced a false smile, trying to reassure those around him. Tsu had obeyed the instructions and left the situation alone, but Ochako knew the hero within her couldn't simply ignore it.

She craved answers, and she would obtain them, by any means necessary.

Fifteen minutes after the culprits had fled, the emergency services arrived and began cleaning up the site.

The gas had rendered fifteen out of the forty heroes-in-training present at the camp unconscious, requiring medical assistance. Another seventeen individuals had suffered minor to moderate injuries. The eight people inside the building remained unharmed.

However, one person was still missing: Katsuki Bakugo.

Four out of the six professional heroes had escaped with relatively minor injuries. Pixie-Bob had been critically injured in the head. Ragdoll lay motionless, her body reduced to a pool of blood.

Mustard and Moonfish were captured, while Muscular's remains were discovered in two separate pieces. The other twelve villains, including Magne, Spinner, Himiko Toga, Twice, Compress, Dabi, Kurogiri, Ashoka Shigaraki, and the four Nomu, had vanished without a trace.