Chapter 36: Going Beyond; Plus Ultra!

[Previously]

"Patience, my dear, the auction is about to commence," he responded with a sense of intrigue. With a quick swivel of his chair, Masumi now faced the woman, who gracefully knelt before his desk.

"People will undoubtedly marvel at your quirk, Kyo Hizuru," he declared confidently.

[Finding The Midoriyas] Going Beyond; Plus Ultra!

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."Samuel Beckett

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

A few days had passed, and school was back in session with renewed determination. The twenty students of 1-A were adjusting to their new dorm life, all gathered in their classroom with Aizawa standing before them.

"Moving forward, our focus will be on obtaining your provisional hero licenses," Aizawa stated.

"Yes, sir!" they all responded in unison.

He sighed, rubbing his eyes wearily. "You're never going to stop doing that, are you? Let me clarify what a hero license means because it seems some of you have been acting as if you already possess one." He glanced sharply at Izuku, Kyo, Ida, Shoto, and the others.

"A hero license carries the weight of human life. Having one gives you not only permission but also the responsibility to act in desperate situations. It is not something to be taken lightly, nor is it easy to earn. The exam to obtain the license is extremely difficult, and historically, only half of those who take the provisional exam pass. Up until this year, the exam was exclusively taken by third-year students with triple your experience and skill."

Murmurs spread throughout the classroom. Hitoshi looked back at Yao-Yao and Shoto, who appeared both excited and anxious, with Yao showing as much excitement and anxiety as her face could convey.

Aizawa narrowed his eyes. "Until the exam arrives, we will be training rigorously. Today marks the beginning of that training. You will each come up with TWO..."

Before Aizawa could continue, the classroom door flung open, revealing Midnight, posing seductively, flanked by the more stoic Cementoss and Ectoplasm.

"ULTIMATE MOVES!" Midnight declared, finishing Aizawa's sentence.

Eraser Head sighed. "These three are here to assist with that."

"YES!" Itsuka and Sero exclaimed simultaneously.

"Finally..." Hitoshi whispered with relief.

Kirishima looked excitedly at Bakugo. "It's like a regular school assignment, but it's also about being a hero!"

"Whatever," Bakugo grumbled.

"An ultimate move is a move that ensures your victory!" proclaimed Ectoplasm.

"A move so ingrained in your power set that no one else can copy it," Cementoss added.

"And they should have names!" Midnight chimed in. "Pro heroes without multiple named ultimate moves are becoming scarce."

"Change into your costumes and meet us at Gym Gamma," said Aizawa. "We'll continue working from there."

The Class 1-A students eagerly got ready, heading to their respective locker rooms.

...

"I've been planning mine for a long time," said Sero, fitting into his costume. "This is going to be awesome."

"Really?" Kirishima asked, scratching his chin. "I thought I knew what I was going to do, but now I'm completely stumped."

"What kind of flashy power stunt could I possibly come up with?" Ojiro mumbled, his gaze fixed on his own tail. "I always assumed I'd only need a handful of minor moves to get by."