𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Lucy had broken up with Chris. She felt bad especially seeing how hurt he was but also knew she had to be selfish, think about herself and think about the life she really wanted. She felt a twinge of guilt but it escaped quickly knowing how in love with Tim she was. All she really felt was regret for not being honest with her feelings until now. It was almost a sense of relief.

Lucy had asked Tim to have a talk with her after work. She suggested they take Kojo for a walk. Less pressure, nothing extravagant. Just somewhere normal to them where they can be honest and open with each other.

Lucy met Tim and Kojo at their favorite trail parking lot. As they made their way down the trail...At first, an awkward silence but leave it to Lucy to break any barrier.

"So, I broke up with Chris"

"Oh...How did he take it?"

"He was upset and shocked. But it was inevitable. The writing was on the wall"

"Are you OK Lucy?"

"That depends on how this goes"

"Huh. Lucy, What do you mean by that?"

"Tim, I'm in love with you. I'm sorry to be so blunt and forthcoming. But I can't handle keeping my feelings in any longer. I have loved you for so long. I know with our professional situation saying this could be a recipe for my heart to be broken into a million pieces. I just needed to tell you. If there was even a chance at getting my happy ending. It is worth the risk. I know this is heavy. I - I'm sorry Tim"

"Lucy...Stop just stop. Let me talk. Your heart is not in jeopardy of breaking because I'm so in love with you too. Actually, I'm sure you're the love of my life. You're it for me. I know I'm Mr. rule follower but somethings matter more. We will fill out paperwork, have interviews and whatever else. As long as at the end of the day...I go to sleep and wake up with you in my arms and I get to stare into those beautiful brown eyes of yours"

Lucy had tears swelling in her eyes. Her heart was bursting at the seams.

"Tim, where do we go from here?"

"I think we start by going out on a date"

"That sounds...PERFECT"

They continued on their walk with Kojo. Hand in hand.