𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

The wedding was a week away. Everything was planned and ready. Tim was beaming, he could hardly contain himself. He just wanted so badly for Lucy to become a Bradford. Lucy was so busy. Between cases and working on wedding details. She was constantly on the go but she knew it was so worth it. Pretty soon, she was marrying the love of her life. She was getting her happily ever after and just couldn't wait to be Tim's wife. After everything they have been through. They had beat all the odds.

A case had come across Angela's desk regarding suspicious circumstances in a run down warehouse. They had multiple cases so she asked Lucy to go and do a initial investigation. There has been an explosion and a body had been found outside of the warehouse. Other than that, emergency responders could not piece together what had taken place. Lucy was leaving the station. She always stops by Tim's office as she leaves or vice versa if either of them is there. It had become a tradition. They kept things professional at work but found ways to have little, subtle moments together. As she made her way into his office. She was smiling from ear to ear.

"Sargent Bradford"

"Detective Chen. Or are you going by Detective Bradford yet?"

"Not yet. You have to say I DO first"

"Ohhh. That's not going to be a problem"

"OK. Babe. I'm off to investigate at this warehouse. I will either see you here or at home later"

"Sounds good. I love you Detective Chen and...STAY SAFE"

"Always do. I love you more"

As Lucy pulled up to the warehouse. She walked in, had put gloves on just in case she came across any evidence. Walking and searching through chards of glass and debris. This was going to be daunting, trying to find any clues. As she was searching. A square, small shaped box caught her attention. It had wires attached to the back. Lucy thought it could be the reason for the explosion. As she picked it up, instantly regretting picking it up.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

This wasn't the cause of the explosion. This was a device that hadn't detonated. Now, she was holding it. Knowing if she dropped it, the device would explode. She got on her radio while holding the bomb.

"Lopez. Harper. I'm in a situation here. I need a bomb squad rolled to my location. I'm currently holding a device that hasn't detonated. Please hurry"

As Lucy was pleading for help. Tim happened to be having lunch with Angela. He literally felt like throwing up.

"WHAT THE HELL! She's holding a damn bomb. This can't be happening"

Harper had called in for the bomb squad to get to Lucy's location.

"OK. Tim. She's gonna be OK"

"She's holding a goddamn bomb. You can't promise that. I CAN'T LOSE HER"

"Let's go, Ang. I need to be with her"

As Angela and Tim arrived at the warehouse. Tim leaped out of the car. Nyla stopped him.

"So, the bomb squad is working at disabling the bomb. My gosh. Your soon to be wife is one smart cookie. It would have detonated if she dropped it. It's a complicated bomb. It's going to take a bit to disable it. Lucy is scared but she's holding it together"

"I'm going in. I need to be with her"

No one was going to stop him. They understood. If it was either of them. They would want Wesley or James to be there with them.

Tim walked in. He first noticed two bomb squad officers diligently surrounding Lucy. As they broke away for a second. He saw her. His beautiful fiancé. His whole world. Love of his life. The woman who is going to be his wife in 7 damn days. Lucy, usually she had a beaming smile, looked bright and cheerful. This Lucy, looked defeated, broken and scared. This shattered Tim's heart into a million pieces. Lucy was sweating and trying desperately not to shake.

"Hey. Baby" Tim softly said

"Ti-Ti-Tim...What are you doing here?"

"Are you kidding, Luc? There is NO WHERE ELSE I WOULD EVER BE"

"Tim, I'm scared"

"I know you are, my love. But listen to me. We are leaving this warehouse together"

Tim gently cupped his hands around Lucy's.

"Tim, What are you doing?"

"Baby. If your holding a bomb, then I'm holding a bomb too"

"Babe. I don't want both of us in danger"

"We are a team. You and I. We are doing this together"

"I have never been so terrified. I don't want to die"

"Baby, Listen to me. Your not going to die. OK. Losing you. Losing us IS NOT A OPTION"

"I just want to be your WIFE. Get my happily ever after"

"Luc, You are going to get that. I promise. We are going to be so happy. You and I. An old married couple with Kojo and a couple of babies" winking at his soon to be wife.

The bomb officer, Mike had now figured out the mechanics of the wires.

"Tim, I need you to lift your hand and Lucy at the count if three, your going to let go"

"Ar-Are you sure?"

"I promise it's OK. Just let go"

Lucy closed her eyes as she dropped the bomb. Almost preparing for the worst. As she let go. Nothing. She was safe. Opened her eyes. Sobbing, tears streaming down her cheeks. As she looked up. She saw Tim sobbing too. Tim grabbed her jacket, hard. He brought her in tightly, wrapped his arms around every inch of her body. Lucy was holding onto him just as tightly.

Tim cupped her face. Circling his thumbs over her cheeks.

"Baby. Are you OK?"

"I think so. I'm just glad to be breathing and in your arms. Just like I was 5 years ago, when you saved my life. Why was I such a idiot? Not telling you how I felt then"

Tim laughing

"Oh, Luc. You're not the only one who regrets not expressing their feelings. But I believe we were always going to get to where we are now"

"Can we go home? I wanna go home. Give Kojo kisses and snuggle with my almost husband. That's what's going to make me feel better"

"You bet, Baby. Let's go home"