𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

It had been a whirlwind few months for The Bradford's. As they arrived home from their honeymoon getaway from the mountain cabin. It was all about finding an OB GYN, after Lucy's pregnancy had been confirmed with bloodwork. At their first ultrasound, Tim's emotions came flooding out as they heard their baby's heartbeat for the first time. Tim had dreamed for so long of becoming a father. After Isobel, he had convinced himself it was just not in the cards for him. That was until Lucy changed everything for him. Now, she had not only pulled him out of the darkness but had made him the happiest man in the world. Going from his boot, to his friend, to his girlfriend and now his wife. Lucy was now gifting him a baby, their baby. Tim was on cloud nine and eternally grateful for his life now.

Lucy was also elated with their life. She had never felt complete in any of her relationships, never able to fully commit to anyone. As much as Lucy tried, she was never able to truly fall in love with anyone. Until, Tim. She had those butterfly feelings from the beginning. They never went away. Even when the idea of them being together felt impossible. It took a really hard time. A long time pining for one another, dating other people but in the end their feelings for each other would eventually not be denied anymore. Lucy had thought she could not ever feel happier than when she became Mrs. Bradford. It was matched at the sound of their baby's heartbeat.

Now Lucy, 16 weeks pregnant. They had gone back and forth on whether they wanted to find out the gender or have it a surprise. After many talks, even small arguments. They finally decided to find out. At their ultrasound, the tech gave them the news. Tim and Lucy were having a baby GIRL. They were both so excited. Lucy immediately starting buying baby girl outfits. Tim tried to reign it in but in the end of the day seeing Lucy happy and smiling gave him literal goosebumps. Happy wife, happy life. As far as he was concerned, she could buy whatever she wanted for their baby.

Lucy was now 24 weeks pregnant and her hormones were in full force. She found herself getting emotional over virtual everything. It was a very busy day for Tim at the station. There was many calls he had to attend to as a Sergeant. He finally returned back to the station and went to check in with his wife. As he approached Angela and Nyla, who were sitting at their desks, there was no Lucy. As he saw Angela had a concerned look when he walked up.

"Hi Ang. Where's my wife"

"Tim, we had a hard ending to a case. We found and apprehended the suspect but we were too late and found his little girls body. Lucy didn't want to leave the little girl. I sent her home to regroup. I wanted her to rest. I'm sorry, Tim"

"That's OK, Ang. I am going to head home and see my girls"

"Good idea"

Tim arrived at their house. He walked in and found his wife curled up on the couch with her knees resting against her chin. Sobbing. She had Kojo right beside her who as always was trying to comfort her.

"Hi Baby. I'm so sorry for what happened today"

"Tim, she just a innocent little girl. Like our little girl will be in a couple of years. I have seen these cases before in the job we have and it's always hard. I'm so emotional. I couldn't even gather myself to stay at work. I am such a mess"

"Luc. First. Our baby girl is always going to be unconditionally loved and protected for her entire life. Second, of course you are emotional. This case would affect anyone. Throw in, you being pregnant. Just give yourself a break. OK"

Tim crawled onto the couch beside his wife and held her. Having one hand on her growing belly.

"Luc. Listen to me. You can let out all the emotions you need to. I will always hold and comfort you. Smother you with kisses. You just concentrate on keeping a good home for our little princess"

"God. I love you. Tim Bradford"

"I love you more. Lucy Bradford"